RG350M review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350M

Purchased from: LM

Been playing metal & Rock for over 20+ years now and I've played tons of different guitars such as Valley Arts, musicmans, gibsons, fenders, Jacksons. My Live setup Been playing metal & Rock for over 20+ years now and I've played tons of different guitars such as Valley Arts, musicmans, gibsons, fenders, Jacksons. My Live setup has been Marshall 800's w. Various Greenback cabs. No particular effects other than Classic Dunlop "Crybaby" Wah's. The sound in these pups are very nice they do not make a lot of noise (besides what I like) has a very good tone in all positions. It was my intention to change these for some DiMarzio's, but I had second doubts because I little to my surprise these pups sound really great!? In fact they remind me a little towards DiMarzio's (which they are modeled after I guess?!) They is a lot of potential in these pups, all from hard "chunk a chunk a" heavy riff'n to creamy solo and funky "chicken-scratch" fine sustain, but a little low on natural harmonics!

If you need a rockaxe and aint got the doe for (or can't find) a JEM or a RG550, this is probably the best pick you could do! You wont be disappointed and if you adjust the EDGE III probably (stretch strings, level the whole thing as it should) you can do dives, woobles and screaming horse for eternity or till your band maids complaints and actually wants a little soloing here and there. Great fun and worth every penny. The only thing I would like more is a little more natural harmonics other than that I'm very satisfied. Of course this aint no JEM777 or RG550 (But still scarily close to the RG550) but it's a very fine and stable guitar which will give you many happy and satisfying rock hours.

Have not played this axe Live yet, but I will!..and as I bought two of these I will bring the other along too as a backup (anyway, Who would wanna gig without a backup?!)

The action "out-of-the-box" was decent, pretty low action and very nice Acoustic tone too. Not too heavy and very nice balanced (as most Ibanez's are I think) The neck is the "slim" type of neck and in this case maple/maple with Dot inlays, good tone in the basswood body, three springs for the tremolo and a nice feature for the tremolo arm is the up and down regulator makes you able to adjust the heigt of the tremolo arm "on-the-fly".

Made in 2009, Indonesia 24 Frets (Jumbo) Solid top Passive Pickups H/S/H IBZ pups(Inf4, Infs3, Inf3) Body (Solid), bassewood Maple/Maple 3 pcs Wizard II neck Finish is Yellow Bodysyle: Superstrat Ibanez Edge III Tremolo Tuners Ghoto "copy" by Ibanez All hardware Black Gigbag + tools included

justine3563
    you're right about that sir!its almost like the rg550.and i believe that the performance and quality is not so far from 550 cause its "ibanez"!you 2 of them?!rock and roll!