RG350MDX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350MDX

I play everything from progressive and technical metal, to jazz. This guitar, like all Ibanezes, is extremely versatile with all types of music. I love the neck pickup for a nice bluesy and jazzy sound for leads, and the bridge pickup is nice for heavy and aggressive music. I use this guitar with the Ibanez ToneBlaster 100-watt half-stack. And even though people tend to trash this amp, it sounds great with the RG. This guitar is great for all-around types of music, and it can be used for anything.

I have been playing for about 4 years, and I own all Ibanez gear, a fact I am proud of. If it was stolen, I would immediately buy this guitar again because I love everything about it, everything is perfect for my preferences and my style of playing. My favorite feature is the look and the bridge. The bridge is reliable and durable.

This guitar is very reliable. You have to wipe off the bridge when you play bvecause the corrosive chemicals in your sweat will tarnish the finish on the hardware of the bridge.(It says so in the manual, and it's true) They were originally black, but now it looks sort of dark greenish but it's not noticable. Be careful and wipe it down after you play. The finish is durable but don't use a cotton cloth or rag because it will easily scratch the finish.

This was my first guitar with a tremolo bridge, so I was pretty new to the concept, and I didn't know that when you change strings you're supposed to change them one at a time because if you take them off all at once, you release tension on the bridge and it sinks down. Well that happened to me so I decided to learn how to adjust action, bridge angle, and neck bow. I figured out how to adjust all of these things with the manual that came with the guitar, and whenever there's a problem I don't have to take it to a shop and pay. I originally got it set-up at the local shop, and the guy said the way it was set-up at the shop was atrocious. The action was too high and the first five frets buzzed.

I'm pretty sure this guitar was issued for sale around November-December of 2006 and it's fairly new. It has 24 jumbo frets. They're awesome for leads and feel great for chords. The body is black, and it has a black pickguard with all black hardware and a nice, brightly colored maple neck with black shark-tooth inlays. The neck is incredible. It's super fast and flat which is great because I can run through modes and scales effortlessly. The fretboard is flat and actually pretty wide, which is good because my fingers are small and when I run through scales, it works out my hand and feels good. I think the body is made of basswood, it's fairly heavy which is probably why it has such a good sound. The bridge is an Edge III double-locking tremolo, it locks at the nut and bridge like any typical tremolo bridge. There is 1 tone knob and 1 volume knob and a 5-way pickup selector. The pickups are IBZ INF's (Ibanez Infinity). I was originally planning to change the pickups to a more powerful setup, but I was actually surprised by the sound of them. They're nice and hot, and perfect for the guitar. The guitar came with a manual and all the allen keys you need, plus it came with and extra spring.

pizzabox
    SOUPerman432321
    Ibanezes suck compared to ESP's I played an ESP LTD M200FM ($420) and a RG350MDX ($400)and the neck on the ESP was faster, the Pickups were much better(EMG vs. Ibanez), the bridge kept the guitar in tune more on dives(Floyd rose vs. edge 3), and the esp had binding on the neck and headstock I ended up buying the esp
    Lambda
    ESP's are awesome, but wayy too expensive for what they are. Ibanez and Jackson are the only two companies whose guitars are consistently up to par with the craziest forms of metal in all the weirdest spinoffs of it. i personally love both companies, Jackson has the weird shape, Ibanez has the awesome necks, they are an rad gnarly pair
    JoeWorpek
    makuserusukotto wrote: guitar.random. no, i just have good taste in guitars
    Metal guitars are made to be able to keep up with the diversity and speed of metal. You obviously don't know much about music or guitars if you think that metal or metal guitars are simple or as you so vaguely put it "shitty" Just about all guitars in the Ibanez RG line are amazing and Some challenge almost any Fender or Gibson
    ClaimYourVictim
    It's pretty much a modified version of the 350DX, but not too much different. I agree with bandman2000, once you get the hang of the tremolo bridge, it's a truly great guitar. And I paid 400 for it on Musiciansfriend.com, I put it in the review but I don't know what happened.
    mcw00t
    that guitar is basically the RG370DX with a pickguard and maple fretboard...
    beefyboy232
    i think of Ibanez as good for the price, and i do prefer them over some (much) more expensive axes, in some cases. i think the tone of some Ibanez electrics is kinda strange. i love their basses though, and would take one over a brand new Fender one any day. of course, there are some people that are going to like the more modern (or stupid for some people) tone that most Ibanez guitars put out, differing them from the more expensive guitars, but what you like is what you like. i dont go around killing those kids in the primered hondas, do i?
    guitar.random
    IBANEZ RG350MDX BK ELECTRIC GUITAR FEATURES Neck: 3pc Wizard II neck. NeckType: Wizard II. Body: Basswood body. Frets: Jumbo frets. Fingerboard: Maple. Inlay: Sharktooth. Bridge: Edge III bridge. Neck Pickup: Ibanez IBZ INF3 neck pickup. Bridge Pickup: Ibanez IBZ INFS3 mid pickup. Middle Pickup: Ibanez IBZ INF4 bridge pickup. Hardware: BK. Finish: Black. And btw, metal guitars rock...i personally only own n ibanez gax75 and a tanglewood strat, but ibanez are a really good make. They deserve such a great review. good job m8. makuserusukotto... ur an idiot.
    emr_steelmech
    Seconded. I own a 350DX, and I love its tone more than many guitars 3x as expensive.
    Chad11491
    makuserusukotto wrote: guitar.random. no, i just have good taste in guitars
    ibanez's are good guitars, i personally don't play metal much, i like classic rock, blues rock, and the occasional outing into metal, and i have an RG, they are very versatile guitars, there's no such thing as any best brand either, everyone likes different feels, looks, and sounds
    SOUPerman432321
    -beyond-human- wrote: IBANEZ R CLASSICS... all i hav 2 say...
    a 1958 les paul is classic ibanezes are modern
    the_random_hero
    pizzabox wrote: if ibanez are so crap why do two of the most famous, technically advanced and indvidual guitarists use them.
    By being sponsored by the company? =/ Seriously guys, the reviewer is happy with the guitar, so there's no point in brand or genre bashing. Different strokes for different folks, people...