RG350MDX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350MDX

Purchased from: local store

the sound isnt the greatest but I only paid 100 bucks so no big woop. the pick ups just wernt what I was looking for so I bought a new pick guard and and put a EMG 60 in the neck and a EMG 81 in the bridge whick sounds awesome I replaed it with the bladed 3 way so it still looks amazing when I first had it it wasn't bad thought for a intermediate guitar. I would definetly gig with all the upgrades I did to it.

I work at a music store so I bought it from factory that's why I got it so cheap I don't know if I would have bought it for full price though. but it's def a guitar worth buying if you have some spare cash or you want to get something to upgrade. it's def got some good tones to it even with the bass wood body. the single coil is nice but the hums have some great features to it. over all I would say get it if it's a upgrade from what you have but if you have better don't bother.

I think this could hold up to any gig as long as your not using the trem alot. the hard ware lasts a while everything but the tremolo and the nut are awesome as soon as I bought it I put new strap locks on it so I don't know how good the stock ones are. I woulnt go to a gig without a back up but not many guitars you can do that with anyways. so def not a lone gigger guitar the finish will last playing but just don't drop it or let it fall over. or it will chip.

the action was okay when I got it but I lowered it a little with my 11-49 strings. I've used the tremolo so much and I probly pushed a little to hard so it broke and I had to replace it with a Floyd Rose orignal but that's okay. while I was doing that I went all out and I bought it in gold and replaced all the hard ware with gold hardware it looks real good after replacing it I definetly noticed a increase in how low I got the action to go but I guess if you don't try to thrash the shizz out of this it should last pretty well.

its a 2007 made in korea it has 24 jumbo frets I'm pretty sure it's a laminated top the body is a bass wood not so great neck is a 3 piece maple neck. it's a gloss blk whick is a good finish it's a super Strat (Ibanez freaks don't be mad it is a super Strat just transformed okay I don't like calling it a Strat but take that up with Ibanez) it's got a edge 3 tremolo all passive vol. tone HSH stock tuners with a locking nut.

hamsta_hobo
    some guitars suit certain people, obviously the reviewiers PREFER ibanez because there more suited to what they want or need. i presonally like bc rich, its personal preference and also, everyones sense of hearing is different, one person is gonna hear a different sound to another
    hendrix117
    I agree with hamsta_hobo. As far as electric guitars go, i prefer B.C. Rich. However, as far as basses go, Ibanez makes the best sounding basses ever. *sigh* If only Ibanez basses looked like B.C. Rich's...
    Lethal Dosage
    YYZX wrote: SOUPerman432321 wrote: -beyond-human- wrote: IBANEZ R CLASSICS... all i hav 2 say... a 1958 les paul is classic ibanezes are modern Les paul? lol, if a 58 lp is so good then why does gibson only offer them as a "custom shop". gibson shouldn't make you pay extra money for something that is older and better than their new products. ibanez are allways making better guitars, last week i played a ibanez from the 80's, it sounded like shit compared to a new ibanez, thats why i like about brands like ibanez, parker, esp, ect. BRANDS THAT OFFER REISSUES ARE GAY! - fact. anyway, why are you talking about gibson in an IBANEZ review, dude, you need to grow a brain and get a haircut
    Ummm ibanez reissued the 550 for the 20th anniversary and they are doing the same for the new PGM
    axeofoc5249
    Yes Ibanez Rules I own a very sexy RG3EX1 and it totally rules along with a Raven amp that guitar sounds so sexy I play all my Metallica shit on it. Ibanez is good for the price cause I'm poor but I like the bodies nice classic look easy to hold easy to play just an all around bad ass guitar.
    dvscool
    I've been shredding for about 20 years. Ive played alot of guitars, and own several guitars including another Ibanez that I paid about 1400$ for in 1994. I have a Strat (modified), a Jackson, and a Peavy as well and I love them all. They all have their own characteristics. I recently picked up a black RG350MSX at my local Music store. I went in to buy a set of strings, and walked out with this axe. I honestly cant say enough about this guitar. For the money I paid for it, it is the best guitar I have ever played. It cant be beat. The neck is fast as hell, it sounds great, the edge is solid and it looks really, really sexy. By far, for the money, this is a WICKED axe, and has become my favorite. If you see itand you shredbuy it.