RG350MDX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350MDX

The sound on it is very nice for having stock pickups. Yeah, like everyone else I will change the pickups to something more suited to my style, but these pickups are very good for what I paid for this guitar. The bridge is nice and crunchy with the right settings and the neck is great for sweeping, tapping, and speed picking. I gave this part an 8 simply because they don't have the "chugga chugga" sound, and tone is subjective anyway.

I play metal and hardcore and sometimes I sit there and shred. Stuff like CoB, As I Lay Dying, Lamb Of God, and other bands in that area of music. If this guitar were stolen, as much as I like it, I would probably get another guitar. I LOVE the maple fretboard and just the general feel of this guitar, but the one guitar that was competing with this one was a Schecter Hellraiser. Looking back I would've gotten it, and deciding between the two was a very very hard choice. One thing that I don't like about it is you can only pull up one step (I think. Not positive) But, all in all, this is a wonderfully built guitar with great features.

Yes, I really do think this guitar could stand Live playing, but seriously: Who would gig without a backup anyway? The hardware would last; or at least I think it would. Now, the strap buttons are a bit untrustworthy in my opinion. Maybe that's because I distrust all stock buttons after they came out of my guitar during a gig, but whatever the case: Protect your guitar by buying strap locks! Even if you don't play standing up it would be a good investment.

Normally I don't trust guitar center. I've heard really bad things about how my friends bought guitars from them and they were set-up horribly or wires weren't soldered right. When I got mine out of the box the action was nice and low, the trem was actually in tune, the fretwire was very nice (no cut fingers, and the wonderful maple fretboard was in perfect condition. The pickups selector is quiet and the knobs worked fine. I was quite surprised that I got it in such condition.

Well, if you're reading this review don't you already have an idea of what this guitar has on it? [tab] * Wizard II neck * Basswood Body * 24 jumbo frets * Maple fingerboard * Edge III bridge * IBZ INF3 humbucker neck PU * IBZ INFS3 single coil mid PU * IBZ INF4 humbucker bridge * Black sharktooth inlay[/tab] I got this guitar because I have a strange thing for maple fretboards, and this one doesn't fail me. In some guitars with maple boards, the maple on it can be grainy and nasty; mine was fantastic. It looks cool and feels even better underneath your fingers. Another thing... The Edge III. All I've heard about this trem is terrible; almost like this trem had been spawned from the mind of some sadistic mass murderer; so I figured that as soon as I got this guitar I'd have to go right out and buy a Floyd to drop in there. When I got it out of the box, I sat there and messed with that trem system for hours. 3 and a half or so. Honestly, I didn't even have to use the fine tuners. I don't know why this tremolo system gets so much flak. Granted, I might have just gotten lucky, but this system has worked just fine for me and the only time I had to mess with it was when I changed the gauge strings and dropped the tuning down to CDCFAD.

PatMcKraken
    Revine16
    dsubstanceuk wrote: I have a limited edition RG350MDX in White, with a maple fingerboard. It's awesome. People bash it because of the EDGE3, but if you get it set-up correctly then it's awesome.
    you are right man they are good guitars when PEOPLE SET IT UP RIGHT
    Revine16
    PatMcKraken wrote: I'm thinking of either buying this or an ESP LTD M-103 and I'm kind of stuck. The ESP is cheaper but I prefer the Ibanez neck. I also prefer ESP because I don't like the Ibanez brand as much so.....
    Ibanez'es are the way of a guitar players life your going to buy 1 at one point and love it!!