RG350MDX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350MDX

Purchased from: Samash.com

It suits me perfect because I play metal and the neck is perfectly thin for me. I use a Rocktron 2x8 amp and a Marshall 10 watt. I have a Boss Metalzone that I plug it into. I get compliments on my tone and sound, so I'm pretty proud. Pickups are great, but I cant' really get the Dimesqueals that I want. Great output though, I get great harmonics.

I play metal and I'm trying to expand my playing. This guitar is perfect. I could play bluegrass on it if I wanted to. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I would buy a better, more expensive one. If you know a guitar this great at this price, what's the more expensive one going to be like? I'd say better, I'd maybe get a RG Prestige. I love its weight because heavy guitars hurt my neck shoulders and this being very light, it saves me the strain of having to carry it. I thought about getting a Jackson Rhoads V, but I chose this instead. Although I chose the Ibanez, Randy Rhoads will always be my favorite guitarist of all time. I wish I had a halfstack. A Marshal or a Krank would suit just fine. I'd like a delay pedal, an echo pedal, a Crybaby Wah, Boss Super Shifter and an Ibanez TubeScreamer. I'd like a new pickup set for my Ibanez, EMG 81 in the bridge, SA in the single and a 60 in the neck position.

I would use this guitar for anything, playing live, recording, and such and such. I plan to replace the tuners soon because they don't lock very well. I installed Dunlop Straploks and them and I never have to worry about the strap slipping. The originals weren't great, but adequate.

The feel on the neck is wonderful. Smooth and slick. Pickups were fine the way they came. I don't usually use D'Addarios and it was strung with them. When I recieved it, everything was perfect, no scratched no nothing, just pure beauty. Its got a beautiful white finish and a full maple neck. The Shark inlays are black.

It was made, I'd say around 07' to 08'. Made in Japan, 24 frets, really thin neck, full maple neck with black sharkfin inlays, and REALLY fast neck. Solid white. It's got IBZ Infinites pickups in, H-S-H setup. It's really light for an electric. Tuners aren't that great but that's what locking nuts are for, stock Ibanez tuners. Has a Edge III bridge and it'll keep in tune forever. Tone knob and volume with 5 Switch selector.

dementiacaptain
    AlHull410 wrote: If Ibanez and Gibson guitars met and had sex, ESP guitars would be their kids.
    what ive been saying for years