RG350MDX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350MDX

Purchased from: Modern Music - Truro

I'm using a Rockburn G-10 amp, a pretty simple practise amp, but it does its job well. This guitar is, quite simply, awesome. It covers, in my opinion, ever possible genre of music. On Overdrive the available tones sounds pretty much the same, but who cares? This beaut on overdrive is incredible. Even when it isn't on overdrive, the different tones sounds great. Muted or not, all of them sound pretty good. Many say that this is a metal guitar, but I've used this for pop punk, alternative, alonside acoustics and even pianos - this is definetly and all-round guitar.

Overall though, it has its minor problems, but it is pretty dam good as a guitar for the experienced player, and an incredible machine for the viewer to see and hear. Well worth buying, well worth its full price, though I think different pick-ups good make it better!

This guitar is very reliable. It holds it tune superbly, so there is no need to keep on tuning it. The hardware I think will last a hell of a long time, once you've bought this I don't think you'll be needing a different guitar because of it breaking. Perfect on this part.

Finished in shiny jet black, this guitar looks amazing. The maple neck however I find doesn't suit it, I would rather see a rosewood neck, but thats on a different model. The one I got came straight from a shop, and the screws that hold the pick-guard in place were rusting, and some of the actual pick-ups had oxidised a little, but I think this is because it was on sale for quite a while, and the guitar not properly taken care of (it was second-hand after all).

Starting from the bottom up - Double Locking Floyd-Rose Tremolo. Need I say more? This variation on the Standard tremolo means that it stays in tune no matter how hard you tremolo - especially good for lead guitarists. Even if you don't lead or don't even tremolo it is a very handy gadget for keeping your guitar in perfect tune for days. Pick-ups - 2x INF3, 1xINFS3, 2xINF4. Not my favourite pick-ups of all time, would love to see some decent humbuckers, so you might wanna modify/change them a little bit. Aside from that, not major problems to report. The neck - a 3 piece Wizard II 24 jumbo fret Maple wood with sharktooth inlay. I've gotta admit, the inlays look awesome, and the speed of the fingerboard isn't bad either.