RG350MZ review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350MZ

I mainly play rock and metal and this guitar is perfect for the job. My equipment include a Roland Cube 20X and a Zoom G1M multi-effect and this guitar works very well with my amp. No unwanted noise. The infinity pickups are great stock pickups but some people may not like the clean sound they make. If you are one of those people, you can easily replace them with DiMarzio Pickups or any other pickup you want because every other part of this guitar is perfect.

For me this guitar is perfect. The neck and fingerboard is great and solid. The maple is brighter than any other maple neck I've seen thou. My first guitar was a Cort G110 and the RG350MZ is better in every way except the neck. The G110's neck was unbelievably sleek and thin but the RG350MZ's neck is really good. The Infinity pickups sound great to my ears, specially the distorted sounds. My favorite feature is the Bridge which is really great and the guitar hardly goes out of tune. I can't compare it to other guitar manufacturers like Jackson and ESP because almost every Jackson guitar you see in Iran is fake. The same goes for the ESP and Dean guitars and the only reliable guitar manufacturer is Ibanez but I think at this price range this guitar is one of the best. The same goes for the RG350EXZ, RG350DXZ and RG370DXZ which are almost the same with only little differences.

I think this guitar can withstand live playing but if you want to do a lot of serious dive bombs and abuse the whammy bar too much it will go out of tune a bit. The 2 knobs and the strap buttons look really solid and the glossy black finish looks beautiful. I don't think the finish will easily wear off with lots of playing but since I've been playing with it for only 3 weeks it's too soon to comment on that.

My guitar was set-up fine.the action was low and the humbucker pickups were adjusted well. The only thing that needed a little adjustment was the single coil pickup. The Bridge was routed properly. The only problem with my guitar was that it's frets had some rough edges and that's all. A very solid guitar. Great tremolo Bridge and a very nice unfinished maple neck. Realy good for shredders. Before I bought this guitar I had never played a guitar with a maple fingerboard so I played both the RG350MZ and the RG350EXZ which had a rosewood fingerboard and I chose the maple fingerboard because bending and tapping was easier with the maple fingerboard and I'm very happy with my decision. The Bridge is also great for the price and until you don't push the whammy bar too much it will not go out of tune. The ZPS system used in the Edge Zero II tremolo Bridge is not just a fancy name. It really works.

The RG350MZ is a superstrat shaped guitar with a black pickguard, Basswood body and a 3-piece wizard III maple neck. It has 24 jumbo frets and an Edge Zero II tremolo bridge. Some of it's other features include: - 1 volume and 1 tone knob - Ibanez INF3 humbucking neck pickup - Ibanez INFS single-coil mid pickup - Ibanez INF2 humbucker Bridge pickup - 5-Way pickup selector - Cosmo Black hardware I bought mine from a music store in Tehran-Iran. It's made in Indonesia in 2011 and it's color is black.

The^Unforgiven
    Ziggity wrote: not really feeling that blazing bright maple neck with the pitch black body
    Are you kidding? It's pure sex IMO! I don't know why, but I rarely like the look of rosewood boards... it's a shame that not all guitars have a maple board as an option.
    Ziggity
    not really feeling that blazing bright maple neck with the pitch black body
    Ali-n
    Atta.Sh wrote: How much did pay in Rials?
    I bought it for exactly 5200000 rials
    MaDc0w
    When you tune it down do you have to readjust the springs with the Edge II?
    Ali-n
    MaDc0w wrote: When you tune it down do you have to readjust the springs with the Edge II?
    I once tuned it down a full step and I didn't touch the springs but it took an hour for the guitar to adapt to the new tuning.I don't recommend down tuning for any floyd rose guitar unless you have another guitar with standard tuning.Fixed bridge guitars are the best for down tuning.I will never tune this guitar down again because it's a real pain in the ass.
    mydian
    A 9? No.. A 7, it's an RG of course! Not a fan of the pick guard though. I think that makes it uglier than the maple fret board.