RG350MZ review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG350MZ

Purchased from: sweetwater

alucard_t2
    Quick thoughts anyone? The RG350MZ vs the Kramer Assault 220 FR??? I want to get a new sweetheart and I'm torn between these two.
    Heideck
    [quote] RG350MZ Review manufacturer: ibanez date: 03/15/2012 category: electric guitars RG350MZ For me this guitar is perfect. The neck and fingerboard is great and solid. The maple is brighter than any other maple neck I've seen thou. Features: 9.5 Sound: 7.5 Action: 9 Reliability: 9.5 Impression: 9.5 Overall rating: 7.4 Reviewer rating: 9 Users rating: 5.7 Votes: 30 reviews (2) pictures (5) 13 comments vote for this guitar: overall: 9 RG350MZ Recently reviewed by: etaeniura, on march 15, 2012 0 of 0 people found this review helpful Price paid: $ 387 Purchased from: sweetwater Features: 2011, Indonesian made. 24 jumbo frets, 25.5" scale. Maple neck/FB, basswood body. Metallic green finish, with matching headstock and chrome logo. Super Strat body, Edge Zero II bridge with ZPS. Infinity 3, s3, 4 pickups. 5 wya switch, 1 vol, 1 tone. Has everything you need and nothing you don't. I give it a 10 because it is exactly what I wanted. Compared to something with 15 switches, 10 knobs, led lights and a synth pickup, it would score a little lower! // 10 Sound: I play mostly Rock and classic rock. The infinity pickups are pretty decent for this, although they are kind of generic sounding. I'm using an old Marshall solid state combo and a Fender deluxe 112. With the amp's onboard distortions, the sound leaves alot to be desired. When used with a decent distortion pedal (Boss DS-1 or Snarling Dogs Blue-Doo) it sounds much better. In general the pickups have alot of chug-chug, but lack a little in the meedley meedley department. I'll be changing them out to get a wider variety of tones. Colean tones are actually pretty good, especially in the 2 and 4 positions where the HB's are split and combined with the middle single. These give you a nice twangy sound if you like that sort of thing. The middle single by itself is, well, mediocre. Bottom line, the stock pickups are decent, but I would bet that Ibanez thinks most people will change them out anyway, so why bother putting in more expensive pickups and raising the overall price? I'll give it a 7-has a ton of potential, as the unplugged sound is very good. I'd rather spend 100 bucks on some new pickups, than pay 200 more out of the gate and still want to switch the pickups. // 7 Action, Fit & Finish: Sweetwater does their own inspection and adjustments on many of their guitars, so I can't really say how the factory setup was. I can tell you that by the time it got to me, it was set up very well. I only lowered the action a hair, but that's just my preference. I also subsequently lowered the pickup heights, as they were darn close to touching the strings. I also lowered the middle single as it just happens to be right in the way of my picking. Everything else was top notch-no loose screws or wonky knobs. Fit and finish were excellent. // 9 Reliability & Durability: I do not play live, except in my living room. SO I can't say whether it would withstand live playing. It seems to me to be built like a tank, and since I haven't tinkered with it yet (aka-screwed it up) I don't see why it wouldn't be a great live axe. Will the finish last? As well as any other guitar I would think. Overall, the craftsmanship on this is top notch. If I WERE to play a gig, I would always have a backup, as I own several guitars and would want to play all of them! I have owned several Ibanez products in the past and have always thought they were well built. // 10 Impression: I have been playing for 20 years. Jamming with friends in college, breaking, fixing, and upgrading guitars the whole time. I will tell you this-I got to meet Steve Vai one time, and got to play EVO. This guitar plays just as well as Steve's main axe (his action is actually quite a bit higher, but he has crazy hands!) With some new pickups, there is no reason that this couldn't be a semi-pro or pro level instrument. The only thing I'm not sure about is the trem, but from what I have read, the Zero II is a solid unit. I'm not a whammy maniac anyway.If stolen, I'd get another. Maybe the yellow one this time just for kicks. What do I love? It's a freaking awesome guitar at a budget price. What do I hate? as hard as I might wish, the guitar itself does not provide what I lack in the skills department. Get one before they jack the price up like the did with the white version-it's $20 more than it was 2 months ago... // 9 Vote Was this review helpful to you? Yes / No Comment Post your comment overall: 9 RG350MZ Reviewed by: Ali-n, on august 09, 2011 0 of 0 people found this review helpful Price paid: $ 500 Features: The RG350MZ is a superstrat shaped guitar with a black pickguard, Basswood body and a 3-piece wizard III maple neck. It has 24 jumbo frets and an Edge Zero II tremolo bridge. Some of it's other features include: - 1 volume and 1 tone knob - Ibanez INF3 humbucking neck pickup - Ibanez INFS single-coil mid pickup - Ibanez INF2 humbucker Bridge pickup - 5-Way pickup selector - Cosmo Black hardware I bought mine from a music store in T
    lamb of dog
    11phoenix1990 wrote: so is a rg350dx or an rg350mz better????
    Edge zero ii tremolo on rg350dxZ(not rg350dx) is much better than the trem on this one.
    stanleycr4
    I managed to get the Rg350mz for 268$ at guitar center used and its in mint condition,I also got a hard case with it, and its got a metallic green color. And the metallic green,Blue, and black from what i heard are the only one with the edge ZERO II bridge and the yellow has a edge III which i heard sucked *** compared to the edge ZERO II bridge.
    COREYTAYLOR721
    I don't like the fretwork on Ibanez guitars. All in all, this is a decent guitar though and perhaps the best for a beginner searching in this range.