RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: Soundhouse Chelt

I play alot of metal so with the wizard 2 neck its a beaut to play, I wanted to get an RG550 but don't have enough mun mun so im stuck with the whimpy stock pickups, I'll probably get a EMG 81/Paf/85 set when I have some money. The sound isnt very deep and gives a very tinny feal to a good guitar. Because of the H/S/H config i can get alot of sounds but it wouldent bother me if I only had the bridge and neck, like on a normal Strat the single coil in the midle position always sounds a bit weak and its like that on this guitar. Good for pulling A/harmonics \m/.

As I said I play alot of metal so my guitar gets thrashed alot, I've been playing almost a year and a half and I have My RG370DX and a bastard cross of an Ibanez GSA60 and a CSL Strat copy pthat will be played through a soon to be acuired MESA dual rectifier solo head \m/ If this was stollen id probably cry like a girl... Then buy a new IBZ or maybe an ESP Ltd. Everything depends on money you now, I wish it had active EMG's but then again I wish I was in bed with Jenna Jameson.

I havent giged this guitar yet but I think I would need somthing with a fixed bridge to be more reliable unless I get an original floyd, also i need new pickups. Only a dumbass would gig without backup.

Thh action was slightly high when I got it but it only took a few mins to get it just right, the pickups were all the wrong heights for my playing, the brige was low and sounded thin, the single sounded fine but was set far to high (stil wont screw down far enough) for fast struming. The Bridge is average, it stays in tune if your lucky but usualy goes flat when it settles so I might replace with a floyd rose original. Like all Ibz the paint work is crap and chips and dents very easily but that dosnt worry me much, I worry more abou the soft wood spliting when the pivots of the trem are (like on my last Ibanez) When i first got it the neck was quite rough where the fret wire wasnt filed well enough, wire wool sorted that out thou. Even though the are problems withg this guitar its still beutifal and fun to play.

I've had it about half a year I think. It's got a nice 24 fret bolt on maple neck standard with lovely lovely shark tooth inlays (Jackson rip off's). Black Gloss finish, H/S/H Ibanez stock pickups. I think the body is basswood. Err and there an edge 2 floating bridge.