RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: gak.co.uk

I play a lot of classic rock eg Zeppelin, GnR (does that count as classic rock?) and some newer stuff like the Darkness (why are you lookin at me like that? ), Muse etc. I run it through an Ibanez WD7 wah and a Behringer GM108 combo. It suits perfectly with its distorted sounds and its clean sounds have a sparkle about them reminiscent of a Telecaster. However it would sound better if the stock pickups werent so shite. Nevertheless I get very seductive wails and amazing divebombs out of this guitar. Now if only I had some foxy ladies to play for.

Suits my style perfectly, but then again I did buy it to suit my style lol. I've only been playing for bout a year and this is my first electric but I've tried out loads of guitars at shops and at friends houses and for the price range of this guitar its excellent. I would have expected to have paid around 350 or so for a guitar like this and its perfect for me. If it was stolen I would buy this guitar again, or if I had more money a higher model rg most definitely. I love the really thin neck and the low action as well as the trem, which works fantastically. I find the locking nut annoying tho as it takes a long time to go to drop d or other tunings. I compared this guitar to an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, Jackson JS20 and a BC Rich Warlock and this was quite easily the best. Feature packed and with an amazing sound. I'd like it to either have a D-tuner or locking tuners instead of a locking nut but at this price you cant complain at all.

I would definitely gig this guitar but would need a backup because of the locking nut - string changes and tuning changes would take forever with any locking trem. Harware looks good, especially the tuners which look rather cool in black on the light wood of the headstock. Strap buttons look fine and the finish looks like its going to Shine just as much in a couple thousand years. The metallic silver and the sexy curves of the guitar suit perfectly and it's guaranteed to get any chicks that u play for horny.

Extremely well set up - the paintwork was perfect with no chips and theyve even painted the cavity with the strings in there. The action was good out of the factory but I think I might get it even lower - I love those face-melting solos. The heights of the pickups were just perfect and the single coil had almost the same volume as the humbuckers. The hardware was jus perfect except the tremelo arm is a bit too loose and can fall out with lively playing (I'm talking bout Steve Vai/Justin Hawkins like playing here.)

Made in Korea in 2004. 24 fret maple neck with jumbo frets and rosewood fretboard (25.5" scale). Basswood body with "moon shadow" finish - looks kinda metallicy and satinish. Superstrat body - v sexy curves - great for scoring chicks lol; ). It's got an "Edge Pro 2" locking tremelo and stock pickups H-S-H. And of course that v cool headstock. On a guitar this price u get loads and loads and I cant expect it to have a coil tap or a D-tuner.