RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: Musician Inc. Dublin

This guitar is supposed to be for heavy metal and handles that genre quite well. But I'm a Satch/Vai fan and I wanted something with alot more definition. So I got a evo in the bridge. It plays pretty well nice thin neck. It has a nice sound in clean and dist channels. It works well with my Dimebag Wah and Metalzone pedals. It's a good all round guitar. It's let down by the pickups and low end bridge though.

I play Satriani/Vai and some metal aswell. I've been playing about a year and a half I've only had this guitar since christmas though. If it were stolen I'd get a higher end Prestige model Ibanez or a Jem (if I were rich). This is my 1st guitar with a trem on it so thats my favourite feature of it. I hate those bloody powersound pickups! If you get one get them to put new pickups on it before you take it home. I chose this guitar because it was the only guitar that was in the folks price range for christmas time. And a Prestige was completely out of the question. I wopuld buy a Jem if it was stolen or broke (if I had the money ofcourse). Overall I'd give this guitar 3 1/2 out of five but I put four because you can't use fractions.

This guitar will last a long time it's taken its share of falls and nothing to report in injuries. If I were on tour (or was even in a band) I might have to use a backup (if I didn't only have a crappy Epi SG Special which sucks ass). But it's built like a well armoured tank. Strap buttons have no chance of falling off.

The guitar was setup pretty well in the factory but I had to tweak pickup height and action to fit me. The paint job is pretty well done and the knobs and selector are very sturdy.

This guitar was made in korea (I think). It has 24 jumbo fretswhich are supposed to mimic a scalloped fretboard, this also means you don't have to press down hard on the string to get a sound out of it. It has sharktooth inlay (Jackson copy). The body is basswood (light), the neck is maple with a cheap kinda rosewood fingerboard. It has the powersound pickups on it congfig is H-S-H (5 way selector). And an edGe pro 2 trem (it's ok). Mine has like a metallic blue finish.