RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

This guitar is meant for heavy metal and hard rock, which are the genre that I am playing right now. The tones are heavy under distortion and clean when playing with my Ibanez TB25 amp and Zoom 707II Sound processor, not the kind of muddiness you get out of some cheap guitars. When playing lead solo, it has a beautiful tone to its sound. Wish the sound could have been more powerful. Guess I have to look for better pickups. Seymour Duncan JB should do the trick. I am still giving a 10 cos at this bargain price, I get really good pickups.

For something quite cheap, I think this guitar is a great bargain. It could easily costs US$900 and I dont know how it can cost below US$500! It's a great guitar, sexy body, nice neck to play with my cheeky fingers (did I say cheeky, I mean quickie). If it was stolen, I know it would be hard to get this model again 'cause when I bought it, it was the last one. I had checked at other guitar shops, and this model is pretty difficult to find. Its probably because it is popular.

So far I had it or about 2 months. So I cannot really say anything about its reliability and durability.

When I first bought it, everything was in perfect condition. The only thing to do was play. The pickups were well adjusted and I had no problem with the bridge.

This is the 2005 version of RG370DX which is made in Korea. It has a superb 3pc Wizard II neck, which is so comfortable when playing. My fingers feel like running faster than lighting, only to be pulled back by my slow picking. The Edge III bridge is great. The guitar always stays in tune for quite a long period of time. The pickups IBZ INF3, IBZ INFS3, IBZ INF4 sound really good for stock pickups.