RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: Axe Music

Personally, I play a religous-like amount of Maiden, folowed closely by megadeth, Black Label Society and Black Sabbath. Obviously, a metal lover. I find that it matches the sound I search for in every song. With 2 humbuckers, and a single coil crafted by Di'Marzio, the options are endless. When under the influence of distortion, this guitar absolutly rips and it creates that exact mix between heavy lows and high, but not screeching, highs, that every metal player strives to create. When the distortion is turned off it does a complete turnaround. I find myself being mystified by the hugeness of its clean tone, for such a heavy guitar. It is rich and full with a hint of darkness in it. I am runing it through my crybaby and DF7 distortion factory pedals into my crate 32w amp (yes, tiny, but great sound). Anything more cannot even be described, merely a must buy for any heavy rock or metal player.

I have played my customized Fender Double Cut Esprit for about 2 years now, and guitar for about 4 in total. I have a passion for buying and using new and more modern equipment, but would always seem to go back to my expensive Fender. In the month or so I have had of my RG370DX my Fender has not come off the wall. As more of a rhythm player, I never found myself soloing very much as I had troubles getting all cluttered up in frets on mine, and other peoples guitars. But this fretboard has changed that, I can rip through the frets all the way up to the 24th at a speed I never knew I could play, and this is a must for many Maiden players. That is my main boast about this guitar, it's speed and tone. Both are uncomparable even to the extreme high end guitars made by Gibson and Fender. I would buy a new one in a flash should (heaven forbid) anything happen to it. My passion and confidence in my guitar playing has reached an alltime high with a cheap, perfectly made guitar. Ibanez? I salute you.

Am I secure that it can stand up to my shred and bashing? 100%. This guitar is a monster, and one that feels like it is built to take 2x more than any human can unleash on it. I would feel safe playing in front of 10000 people with no back up at all. I may seem like I am on Ibanez' payroll, but I am speaking that which I truly beleive.

Made in Korea as this year's model, Ibanez has put out a monster of a guitar. With a super flat, extra long 24 fret, scalloped neck made out of basswood, I find myself absolutly flying through the frets. I personally got the electric blue version, but was fairly obsessed with the dark grey one as well. The extreme 'metal' look of the extreme pointed Stratocaster is extremely pleasurable for the guitarist searching for a new look, or even, an alternate look. The locking tuners add for a fantastic experience, almost never having to worry about re-tuning your guitar after a week of playing new strings. Easily worth a 10 in the features department as it is Loaded with fun features (my favorite is the shark tooth inlays).

hafiz_sji
    ive been playing for about a year now and bought this guitar 6 months ago.overall, i am quite satisfied with it's finishing and reliability but i kept having problem keeping this shit in tune.restring-ing this guitar is a pain in the ass and i think everyone would agree.do u guys hv any idea how to make this shit sounds better? i am considering to change it's pickups.