RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: Value Plus Guitars

I play a lot of everything, from the Chili Peppers all the way to Metallica, and it suits it all perfectly, it has a good clean sound and a ear tearing distortion when used with my Line 6 Spider II. The neck and bridge pickups are awesome, except for the middle pickup which buzzes whenever I switch it over. It can give you any sound, from Under The Bridge to the crunch of Whole Lotta Love, to the pure distortion madness of Painkiller.

I have been playing for about 6 months, and I've tried Gibson Les Pauls, a Gibson Explorer and this guitar can compete with them all. If someone stole it, I'd hunt them down and take it from their cold dead hands. I love the feel of this guitar, the neck is silky smooth and the trem works great. For all you reading this review, you should atleast consider this guitar before buying a 1500$ Gibson.

I have had this guitar for only two months, but it's seen it's fair share of bumps and drops already, and aside from the problem with the pickups falling out, it's still holding up perfectly. The strap buttons are still going strong, and I would definitley use it live without a backup. The finish seems like it will last atleast another 6 months, with me playing about 2 hours a day, every day.

The action on my guitar is beutiful, I added in some super light guage strings so I barely have to touch the strings to get a sound out. The only downside of the guitar is when it comes to how the pickups were set up. I'm not sure if it's just the guy sold it to me dropped it in the storage room or if it's a factory mistake, but the springs holding the pickups came loose and the pickups started hitting the strings (something I was able to fix).

My Ibanez is a 2005 RG370DX made in Indonesia. It's a 24 jumbo fret, rosewood neck, which feels beutiful and lets my fingers move lightning fast compared to other guitars I've tried. The body is made of basswood which is fairly light, with a shiny black finish. The bridge is a Edge Pro bridge (Ibanez made), with 2 humbucking and one single pickup, along with a volume and tone knob, and a 5-way pickup selector. Although the guitar didn't come with anything, it still seems like a fair price for the great guitar it is.

theguitarist
    Checked... ^...and... I don't see why not. You might want to get some thicker gauge strings though.
    kj_se
    I have been playing for almost 3 yaers now and i thinking of buing a new guitsr. I dont have much many and i am wondering if I should by this one or the 170DX. Nice if some of you could help with my "dilemma".