RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: dcmusic.com

I play a lot of metal and metal core and honestly I was expecting more from these pickups but at least they are better than my old Washburn X10's pickups. I was using a small Ibanez 15w amp which didn't cut it so I went to a store and tried it through a Line 6 Spider III and it sounded so much better. The pickups weren't that noisy but they weren't strong enough for what I was playing, but this guitar can make some cool sounds if you know how to use the floyd rose, just change the pickups and get a good amp and this guitar is fine.

Like I said before I play a lot of metal and metal core and with the right pickups and amp this guitar is a monster. I've been playing for a little more than 2 years self taught and this was my third guitar and second electric. I wish I had known what I know now before buying this guitar but you only learn with experience. If you want to buy this guitar just for the floyd rose because "it's cool and a lot of people use it" than you're in for a rude awakening. With the floyd rose forget about drop tunings and changing string gauge because it messes up the tension between the neck and the bridge and can mess up your guitar pretty badly. If it were stolen before I sold it I would be very pissed because then I wouldn't be able to by my new guitar. So finally if you're a lead guitarist who likes folyd rose and is going to chage the pickups and get a good amp this your guitar.

I think this guitar is pretty reliable with some good strings in it. I also think it will withstand Live play just fine, but always with a backup, you never know when a string might break and mess up the tension on the bridge and neck. The strap buttons seem pretty solid and the finish seems ok but I wouldn't know because I am very cautious with all my guitars.

The guitar came in pretty bad shape, for example: the floyd rose was completely out of wack, the frets were rusted and the the neck was bent so I had to take it to a guitar specialist and $160 later the guitar was as good as new. The tuning keys, the knobs and the 5 way position Switch were fine.

I think it was made in Indonesia 2003. It has 24 jumbo frets, rosewood finger board, shark tooth inlays, 3 piece maple neck and a bolt on construction. It is a solid top Strat body but with sharper edges which make the guitar look a lot more bad ass and has a Basswood body. It has an Edge III Floyd D. Rose bridge and passive pickups. It comes with 1 volume, 1 tone knob and 5 way position Switch. Pickup configuration is H/S/H (humbucker/single/humbucker) and I believe they are Ibanez Infinity pickups. Tuners are non locking and but very reliable and look sick and the guitar didn't come with any accesories.

Guitarness12345
    Does anyone have this in the COMBINED red, black, white, and blue color when all those colors are together? Cause i might get this in that color but i want to know if it looks too girly, can anyone tell me if that color looks girly?
    warlockking
    My friend is looking at buying the red black and white version of this, it is awesome. I hope he does, cuz i wanna know if it's good or not b4 i seriously think about buying the black and grey and white version.