RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: Calcutta

I play rock and metal, and also a bit of blues. I've been playing for about 3 years now and this was my third guitar. I play it through a Korg AX1500G, and it sounds pretty good on soft stuff like Satch's "Always..." and harder songs like Megadeth's "Tornado". With the right parameters, it can sound great. The sound is rich and full, with plenty of harmonics. All the same, you need to practise to improve, and I guess there's a lot about this guitar that I still haven't discovered.

I have been playing for three years now. I play instrumental rock (Satch mostly), hard rock, metal. This serves me well. I had been looking for an Ibanez in this price range, and I'm glad I chose this. I didn't want a pickguard, so the 350s were out. Looks, action it's got it all. If this were stolen or lost, I'd be devastated. I have a couple of other guitars, viz. a Squier Strat and an acoustic. I also have a bass and a very old violin. This one, though is special. It would make a crap amp sound cool. It makes anything I play sound great. It's my love of a lifetime! Try it, you'll prolly feel the same about your own.

This guitar is meant for playing live, it's a pity I don't. The hardware is built to last. It's been through a lot and has stood the test well. I would use it without backup, though replacing strings may take long initially. Tuning it takes ages, but once it's in tune you can't match it for the duration for which it stays in tune. The finish was flawless initially, it's taken a bit of beating and I don't know if it's going to last forever.

The guitar was well ste up and tuned when I bought it. I was the one that opened the ardboard box, so it must have been well set up, when it left the factory. It had been inspected. The pickups etc were well adjusted, as was the bridege. I must confess I was surprised at how well the guitar was set up.

It was made in Indonesia, in February 2006. It's black, solid top, but the finish is gorgeous, it reflects like a mirror. The neck is a Wizard 2, 400mm radius fretboard, with 24 jumbo frets. This means it's very comfortable and you can play for hours without hurting yourself. The body is superStrat style basswood and provides good lows and a high pass filter would hav been useful. The neck material is maple, and the fretboard is rosewood. The fretboard finish is truly fantastic and it's got pearloid sharktooth inlays. The pickups (H-S-H) are Ibanez INF3-INFS3-INF4 respectively (with 5 way switching), which are high output, pretty decent for playing hard rock and metal. (I play instrumental rock, metal etc, so it suits my style). The bridge is an Ibanez locking tremolo Edge 3, with low profile fine tuners, which helps the picking hand. Properly set up, the bridge keeps the guitar in tune for months. I received a 1/4" cable with the guitar, but it sucks. No straps etc, but it was fitted with D'Addario EXL 120 strings as a Standard accessory.

dodz07
    i tried this one and the RG321EX at a store and i bought the RG370DX as i think it suits metal guitarists better but however they both sound around the same and r extremely strong and have sharp sounds but this one also has a flexible bridge which is one of the reasons y i did get it
    fleh
    tenaciousjp
    fleh wrote: DONT BUY THIS GUITAR mine broke n ibz customer service is useless get a Cort X6 for www.guitars.co.uk better guitar FAR cheaper aswell about to write a review on it
    whats wrong with it? tremolo?