RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: Banko's Music

I play mostly metal, and this guitar never disappoints me. I play through my Marshall MG15DFX, and it sounds great. The neck pickup offers amazing tone, with a nice edge. It never sounds stale or boring, no matter what I play. On clean, this pickups offers a nice smooth sound. The middle pickup sounds great when clean, offering a clear and nicely bright tone, somewhat resembling a Strat's tone. My problem with this pickup is that it has a pretty bad hum with distortion. The bridge pickup offers a fatter tone. I find the tone very flat for metal rhythm, but for lead, it sounds amazingly full. It also sounds beautifully rich when playing clean chords. The guitar has amazingly well-rounded sound for its price.

This guitar is basically perfect for me. I have been playing for 5 years, and also own an Epiphone Les Paul Jr., a Squier Affinity Strat, and a Washburn WG-587, and it blows them all away, in tone, playability, and durability. The fast neck and awesome sounds have made me fall in love with this guitar. If it was stolen, I would certainly buy it again. More likely, though, I'd probably hunt down the thief and take it back. I don't hate anything about this guitar. I'd compared it to other guitars in its price range, but nothing came close to it. If you want amazing playability and sound, on a not-so-high budget, then this is my top recommendation.

I can honestly say I would use this guitar without a backup. It easily withstands Live playing. Everything about this guitar is solid. The finish is amazing, I've dropped it against the corner of my desk, to find no damage at all. It's so reliable, I'm amazed at the price I got it for. I feel that this guitar will last me quite a long time.

This guitar was amazing, straight from the factory. The action was perfect. I've never had a complaint about the pickup heights. The hardware and strap buttons were completely solid from the factory, even though this guitar was sitting around in a warehouse and then a guitar store for a year. No complaints at all.

sevenchurches
    The finish stays shiny after several jam sessions
    were you actually putting jam on it, or is there another reason it shouldn't be shiny after a jam?
    fleh
    to tenaciousjp yup the (wont pretend to know the technical name think its saddle) got stuck in an open position on the e and b strings. It wouldnt tighten and if you try puttin a diff string in it it just pops out agen. I talked to ibanez and they sent 2 replacements that were wrong. The shop then took mine in to match a new bridge n had it for 4 months waitinn for a delivery that was eternally tomorrow so i got a refund. ive posted earlier sayin i luv this guitar n that n i DID but it broke. Seriously look at a cort x series ive got one now n i much prefer it n it only cost 170 of guitars.co.uk. Dunno wat make the pickups are but it sounds a lot more grrr then the 370. Wizard neck n all. to tmsrdgwy s470's more expensive but a much nicer guitar although within the last month my friend who has this guitar has just had the exact same problem i had with my 370 so i wouldnt trust anything with a ****ing edge pro or wteva. hmmmm- get a CORT i know i bum these guitars but their basicaly ibanez's at half the price and dont break. and to whateverthe****thelastguysnameis sure
    fleh