RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: Fred's Music

This guitar is a more rock style. Which mainly all I play is metal, punk, and hard rock. It works for all of them. I use it through a Drive CD100 with the distortion cranked. it's sound comes out very bright on the first humbucker. And more bassy on the last humbucker. The single coil sounds like your Standard single coil. I'm not a big fan of singles. So in turn I don't really use it. It's kind of noisy on the single. It's got a variety of sound. You can get some nice punk riffs. Heavy metal licks. Blazing solo's. And then some nice bright acoustic leads on the clean setting. Ideal for say the intro in Creed "With Arms Wide Open" or the opening solo in Metallica's "One." All in all a more rock guitar. Perfect for any head bangers arsenal.

Overall I would give this guitar a 10. One of the best guitars I've played to date. I've been playing for 2 years now. And I own a G-310 and a Suzuki Strat. This is my fastest action and the most comfortable to play. Everyhting is basically laid out there. You don't really need to be a scientist to figure this guitasr out. If it were lost or stolen I would cry. But I would most definatley buy it again. I love everything about this guitar. Except you can really only keep it in one tuning without having to adjust the spring tension on the tremelo. My favorite feature is the tremelo. I love double lockng trems like these. I only really compared it to one or two other Ibanez's but this was the best. I only wish it had two volumes instead of one. But hey. I can't complain. It's one of the best guitars I own. I reccomend it.

The finish is very durable. I would say it would withstand Live gigs. Don't swing it around without strap locks though. Most guitars will go crash if thrown like that without strap locks. I can depend on this thing. It's very durable. Amazing sound. But for the occasional clean stuff I would have my G-310 waiting in the wings. But no backup is needed if you play straight up distorted rock.

It was a very well set up right from the shop. The action is the fastest I've played. Very low action as well. So you can shred it up or slide gracefully. Pickups were adjusted insanely well. Properly routed everything. There were no flaws. People Who tend to find flaws on their guitar got a bad one out of the bunch. But again. The action is amazing.

This guitar was made in Indonesia. Year=unknown It has 24 frets on a 3pc. Mahogany neck. Rosewood fingerboard. The body is made from basswood I would suppose. The finish is painted. Black. The body is a Strat style body. The cut away starts at the 21st fret. It has an Edge-III locking tremelo. Passive electronics. It is an H-S-H configuration. It has an INF3, an INFS3, and an INF4. It has mounting rings around the humbuckers. One volume, one tone, and a 5-way selector. Locking tuners.

roksta101
    what kind of pickups does it have? the pickups on my RG270DX are a bit shitty/./....
    Dreadiroth
    sevenchurches wrote: The finish stays shiny after several jam sessions were you actually putting jam on it, or is there another reason it shouldn't be shiny after a jam?
    hahahahahah ****in funny. I have a 370DX. ****in brilliant guitar
    tenaciousjp
    fleh wrote: to tenaciousjp yup the (wont pretend to know the technical name think its saddle) got stuck in an open position on the e and b strings. It wouldnt tighten and if you try puttin a diff string in it it just pops out agen. I talked to ibanez and they sent 2 replacements that were wrong. The shop then took mine in to match a new bridge n had it for 4 months waitinn for a delivery that was eternally tomorrow so i got a refund. ive posted earlier sayin i luv this guitar n that n i DID but it broke. Seriously look at a cort x series ive got one now n i much prefer it n it only cost 170 of guitars.co.uk. Dunno wat make the pickups are but it sounds a lot more grrr then the 370. Wizard neck n all.
    hmmm i bought the guitar about 3 weeks ago; works great for me the trem is fine(for now) but i know at some point i am going to have to change the trem to a Original Floyd Rose but at the time being im 100% fine with it.
    ibanezguitarkid
    being left handed, i'm deciding between this or a jackson dk2 pro. i'm leaning more towards the jackson.
    EnyoAdonai
    ~Led~Zepp~Owns~ wrote: have you read this first guys review, like WTH???
    Second that!