RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: JG Windows

I am quite new to guitar, but I play mainly metal and theory-esque stuff. It suits metal very well, as it distorts well, but it's clean is a bit too tinny. I use it with a Line 6 Spider III 15, on the "Insane" channel. The sound is beautiful, though, and very easily adaptable. I can go from Led Zeppelin to Obituary in seconds.

I play mainly metal, hardcore and rock. It suits these styles very well. I have not been playing guitar that long, but I'm quite lucky as I can pick up an instrument and play it without that much effort. It looks amazing, and plays very well. If this guitar was stolen, I would hunt down the guy who stole it, and then chop of his genetalia with a blunt spoon. I love the guitar for it's looks and playability, but I hate the fact that it looks so good, because everyone assumes I am much better at guitar than people think I am! I compared it to all the other guitars in the price range, and there was a more expensive one with a silver scratchplate, but I prefered this one because it was pure black. I like black. I wish it had a 7th string?

This seems very solid, and it will probably stand up to playing live. I am gigging with it soon. The hardware is definitely going to last. The strap buttons are very good, but I haven't taken any chances and I use a strap-lock. I would use it in a gig without a backup. The finish seems like it would last forever, and the tuning isn't going anywhere with the tune-locks on.

The action is very good for my style of playing, but has very little sustain, so much so I have been considering getting a reverb pedal or something similar to compensate. This seems to be one of my (not very many) complaints. The pickups are fine, but once you have turned the volume knob up past "on", it stays the same volume, but with slightly more Drive. It also came (from the factory) with a slight nick in it on the body.

24 XJ frets, laminated black finish, basswood body, Start-style body, but sharper, and with more cutaway on the horns. Floyd Rose bridge, Passive Edge III pickups, controls: tone, volume/drive, 5-way toggle, Ibanez black tuners. See my profile for photos.