RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: Cosmo Music

I prefer shred, progressive, and jazz. So this really let's me do my thing without looking like the idiot Who plays pantera on his '67 Strat. I use the 370DX with a (R you ready) Line 6 Spider 3. Yeah, it's hackneyed, but it's great for the price. Don't really have any effects pedals, I just borrow my friends (Boss DD-7, MD-2, Dunlop Wah) As with most locking tremelo systems, you can do all the fun noises and sounds the Vai and Li make while performing. I honestly can't tell the difference between the sound of the 370DX and it's kin.

I love this guitar, though not a big fan of Edge 3. Good quality for the price of $400 CDN. I wish I had this guitar in hot pink. My overall impression is that the 370DX is pretty good for the price, though if money isn't an issue, definitely get some of the better ones.

This has been my main guitar since I got it, though there have been 3-month periods where it lay in my room, with one of the middle strings missing. I wouldn't use any guitar without a backup because I really abuse my whammy bars. As said before, think Li + Vai abuse. That's pretty bad. Otherwise, if strings weren't a problem and the issue of tuning to other tunings, I would probably only bring this one. Though my Yamaha works in a pinch.

Everything was up to par with this one. Action was fine. Body doesn't poke me unless I'm having sex with it. Black finish. I look back now and I want it in a different colour, everyone has a black guitar now. It's starting to rust, but only in the saddle, mostly because of my sweaty hands, otherwise, I think it would last quite a while.

Ibanez's classic superstrat design is back for another round, but it's got a crappy tag partner. The 370DX gives relatively good value for the price. I got mine in solid black because I'm such a trend whore. This solid top guitar is pretty heavy compared to other guitars I've played, most of them, Jacksons. but I chose Ibanez over other brands primarily because the shape appealed to me. it was tough, the pickup braces give it a certain, rough and tough look. Which was precisely what I was going to do with this machine. Since this was my first guitar with locking tuners and being a man (instruction manuals are for girls) I had some issues with the bridge and tuners, but I eventually got around it. A five way selector allows versatility in sound as well as something to play with when you get bored. I got jumbo frets because bigger is better and I have pretty big hands. The pickups are pretty stock, Infinity series H/S/H Config, though I would have preffered H/H/H like on Gilbert's PGM 200. The Edge 3 bridge: Crap. The little string blocks that hold the strings in aren't built into the saddle so they can be easily lost during repair. When I need my whammy bar it's always hanging like a geriatric penis off my bridge, what I need is a bar that stays in position so that I can do my thing.

strat0blaster
    XSider wrote: The first reviewer is an *****.
    +10,000. Some children should not be allowed to speak without their parents present. The guitar is good - it's a great 'cheapy' to take and mod out. I did it with my RG220B and it rips now. Basswood body is nice and light - just don't expect the same low end resonance that you'd get with other materials. The wizard necks are superb - it's my second Ibanez with one. Awesome 'fixerupper' guitar. Throw some better p-ups and a new bridge on and you're good to go.
    TheThingKills
    That first review made me laugh so much!!! Dude, you are so stupid. [= Oh well, funny review ;]
    SL!!!
    ~Led~Zepp~Owns~ wrote: have you read this first guys review, like WTH???
    The first review should be taken down. The kid doesn't even realize it has 3 pickups and not five..apparently he doesn't know what humbuckers are. I hate to sound ...elitist maybe...but i've noticed a lot of beginners posting on this topic and beginners should not be reviewing products simply because they don't have enough experience to correctly and fairly judge a product.
    ReiDSaN
    RFer wrote: The first review was funny...
    Yeah, it was like "how many swear words can I sneak in." This bastard has six strings! This son of a bitch has five pickups! This child molestor has a scratchplate!
    GuitarPlayer716
    cashewchaching : unchallenged standard? hah, if people like playing crap. HAHAHA. +200. Seriously, Ibanez sucks ass. ESP, Jackson, Fender is the way to go.