RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: samedaymusic.com

As it's advertised, this guitar is a metal machine and it suits 100% this kind of music, and the best is that is also good for rock, hard, soft rock, I think it can suit any music style. I use a home made solid-state amp and a Zoom G1X with it. The guitar is neiseless, only sitted in front of my computer monitor with the single coil can I hear some background noise using a high gain, distortion patch. The guitar range from sweet clean sounds to very agressive ones using high gain, and it has a high output.

I play Heavy Metal and this RG370DX is a real good choice for those into metal, No Doubt about it. I'd been playing for about ten years, my other guitar is a Stratocaster replica from an unknown brand I bought once, and I've tried also Jackson, Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Steinberg, Ibanez, and Dean guitars, and to be honest, this Ibanez guitar is as good (and maybe better than) as any of those. I got to tell that if something happen to this guitar I certainly will buy another if I can, if not, be sure the next choice would be the next most alike guitar. I love the look, the feel of the neck and frets, the soft the strings are, and of course the sound of it. So far I've nothing I hate 'bout it excepting that there is no much choices when picking the color. If I have to select one favorite feature, it would be the pickup setting (H-S-H). I choose this guitar due to the pickups arrangement, the bridge, and the price -it certainly cost less than it's value. Something I wish it has? It should come with a t-shirt or a hat that says "I'm a proud owner of a RG370DX."

Of course that this guitar can stand Live playing, the feeling (and the fact) is that this guitar seems to be made to last (obviously giving the proper care and maintenance). Finish looks good, I've never hit the guitar against anything to tell how thick or how hard it is, and I hope I won't, but it looks good.

I can't tell for sure how well it was set-up from factory 'cause this guitar went through an odyssey since I bough it in Miami and sent it later to Venezuela where I Live, plus the inner travel from the city of arrival to the city where I Live, so I guess the box stumble a little to say it that way, the fact is that one of the pressure pads were loose in the box, the action lowered, and out of tune, I have to set it up completely before use it. Anywaw, the action can be very low before start producing noises. Pickups are well adjusted so the sound is dynamic and clear. All pieces are put in the right place, it is a very well constructed guitar.

I think it was made in 2007, 'cause it was part of that year catalog and in the box there's this date: 11/01/07, it was made in Indonesia. It is a solid body guitar of Basswood, with 24 jumbo frets, and a 25.5" scale; finished in a metallic blue solid color. It is the typical Stratocaster like guitar in shape with two deep cutaways and sharp horns. The Bridge is the Edge III from Ibanez, passive electronics, with a volume and tone control and a 5-way swith for the pick-ups. Pick-ups are in the H-S-H configuration, from the Infinity series of Ibanez (BZ INF3 (H) Neck PU, IBZ INFS3 (S) Mid PU, IBZ INF4 (H) Bridge PU). Tunes are sealed, self-lubricant, Schaller like. The guitar came with an Instructions Manual, a set of Allen wrenches, and a cable.

synpet713192
    Just to let you all know, I'm not nearly as fond of this guitar as I was when I reviewed it. I rated everything WAAY too high. The only thing that really is superb is the comfort of play.
    Virage
    I've had this guitar for nearly 2 years now and its never gone wrong in anyway. It sounds jmust as good as thhe day i got it. Absolutely no complaints.
    superslinky
    good guitar for the price. im choosing this over rg350ex. but not over rg350mdx. anyways, does anyone know what string gauge is just right for C G C F A D tuning?
    BurningTheLives
    I was planning on getting a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, until I played this. They may be stock pickups in this, but they sound incredible clean and distorted. The EMGs, in my opinion sounded flat compared to the Ibanez Infinitys. Also you can't beat Ibanez necks.
    blagards
    just a quick question to anyone who has experience of both this and the Ibanez Prestige RG1570. as i am a lefty i have very few options when it comes to buying guitars, and im thinking of buying one of these. which one would you reccommend as being better value for money and as an overall better guitar?
    Ace-o-spades
    Get this, and get a tech guy to flip the nut for you so that you have a flipped ibanez.
    MaDaL96
    I think its a really nice looking guitar and my tutor said it sounds amazing which i believe reading these comments i'm hoping to geta rg350dx in white( i know its a different Guitar)But i'm not sure about the sparkly faceplate thingny. if i don't get it i'm thinking of getting the red version of this is there any difference, and is it a good guitar?
    Vimanesba
    ah.... there's no review still for the Ibanez RG370DXGP2 ..... I want that one xD