RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

I play metal. Pretty simply. It has really great tone for metal and rock, and it has decent cleans. I use it with a Line6 Spider III 15, and it sounds fine with that. On occasion I have used it with a friend's Marshall MG, and it sounds amazing through that. On the Insane (hi-gain) channel on my amp (which is the only one I use) it is very crunchy and chunky on the bridge pickup, but I avoid using my neck pickup as it sounds fuzzy and muddy. Good for stoner, but I don't play stoner. It's tone can be controlled loads by the tone knob/pickup select and the volume knob can change from death metal distortion to dirty cleans. It suits my style very well.

I love this guitar for playing metal. However this has the wrong feature set for my playing, as it has a vibrato system I cannot retune easily, and virtually no modern metal bands use Standard or drop D, which is all I can coax from it. I have been playing the guitar for about 8 months now, and after playing friend's guitars, I still like min the best. I wish I had chosen a different guitar though, one with a fixed bridge for the alt. tunings. If it was stolen/lost I would buy a similar one, but with different features. I love the way it plays really well, especially the speed/thin-ness of the neck. I hate the neck pickup tone (apart from cleans), and my favourite feature is the neck. I wish it had a fixed bridge, and better pickups.

This guitar seem very durable. I would and have used it live without a backup, and it has stood the test. The hardware is still flawless, and I don't need strap locks at all (but use them just in case). The finish is still solid, if prone to fingermarks.

The guitar came pretty much perfect. Everything was adjusted pretty much the way I want it. The action was stupidly low, how I like it, and everything was in perfect working order. When I bought it, it has a slight nick in the paint on the back, but I didn't/don't mind as I can't see, no-one else can see it while I'm playing.

This guitar was made in Indonesia in 2007. It has 24 XJ Frets on a Wizard III neck. It has a basswood body, with a black finish. It has a superstrat body shape and a Floyd-Rose copy bridge. It has 3 passive pickups, the INF3, 3S and 4, which are in H, S, H formation. It has a volume knob, a tone knob, and a 5-way Switch. It has Ibanez locking tuners. I only give this a 7 because it is the wrong features for me.

MaDaL96
    I Havn't Got Long To Chose A Guitar As Christmas Is Coming Up Soon So Please Come I Have Some Advice I Don't Know Weather To Get An IBanez OR A Bc Rich Or Maybe Even A JacksonWell The Thing Is I Have About 12 Days To Chose And I'm Really Having A Hard Time Looking For The Perfect Guitar I'm Into Metal And Play Rhythym And Lead ( Mostly Lead ) But I've Heard Some Bad Things About Bc Rich's So I'm Thimking Of Buying The In Red For Around 260 Should I Get This Guitar? As It Has Really Good Reviews And Comments And Are Supposed To Sound Really Good They Also Look Really Nice! Thankyou!
    MaDaL96
    I Havn't Got Long To Chose A Guitar As Christmas Is Coming Up Soon So Please Come I Have Some Advice. I Don't Know Weather To Get An Ibanez Or A Bc Rich Or Maybe Even A Jackson. Well The Thing Is I Have About 12 Days To Chose And I'm Really Having A Hard Time Looking For The Perfect Guitar, I'm Into Metal And Play Rhythym And Lead ( Mostly Lead ) But I've Heard Some Bad Things About Bc Rich's So I'm Thinking Of Buying This Guitar In Red For Around 260 Should I Get This Guitar? As It Has Really Good Reviews And Comments And Are Supposed To Sound Really Good They Also Look Really Nice! Thankyou!