RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Price paid: A$ 825

Purchased from: Turramurra music.

I play mostly heavy metal, and the RG370DX fits the bill just perfectly. You can shred out epic licks on the Wizard II, it feels extremly nice to play on. The neck pickup(INF3), has a warm sound when played clean, and a crunchy sound when played distorted. A great rythem pickup. The centre pickup, (INFS3) is a single coil, and it has a bright sound when played clean. Good for clean songs, it gives quite a bit of buzz when on overdrive. The bridge pickup (INF4) gives gives out a good lead sound, the treble really kicks in. The combonations of neck/centre and centre/bridge make it a very veristile guitar, sound wise.

I play mainly heavy metal, and I must say this guitar is perfect for the genre. Not that it's only made for metal, you can play just about anything on it. The RG370DX was my first electric guitar, and I must say it was a good choice, for my particular genre. If I lost my RG, chances are I would get it again. It's just such a nice guitar to play. My favourite feture would probably be the Floyd Rose tremolo system, it's a brilliant feture to sit around and play with for hours on end. One pain would be changing strings, its quite a hassle. It could take up to an hour for an inexperienced person to change the strings and then readjust the tremolo. I origionaly wanted to buy an Epiphone Les Paul/SG, but when i played the RG out in the store i just had to have it. Sure, it might not be in every 14 year olds budget, but if your looking for a great guitar thats going to last, and thats going to give you solid hours of enjoyment, then the Ibanez RG370DX is just the guitar.

The RG370DX is definetly built to last. I've had mine for quite some time now, and I've had no problems what so ever. The RG370DX is well equiped for some serious shredding, I play the living hell out of mine, and still no problems. My strap hasn't come off once since I put it on, and the tremolo stays in sinc, unless you change strings, in which case it might need some adjusting. Is it dependable? Yes, the RG370DX is one of the sturdiest guitars I've iver played. Like I said, it's built to last. The finish is still going strong, although you might find a few minor scratches on the gloss (if you look really closely) after a few months of playing, as it dosn't have a scratch plate.

The guitar came in perfect condition, not a single problem found. The pickups pole polarities were setup nicely, as was all the other electrics. The neck was nicely set up, the action was perfect, not too high, nor too low. The Edge III trem was setup perfectly aswell. The pickup selector is perhaps just a tad noisy, but not on a major scale. For example, your playing with delay on and OD, and you change the pickup, you might hear a bit of a clang.

My RG370DX was made in Indonesia, I'm not exactly sure when. It has a 3 peice Wizard II maple neck, 24 jumbo frets. Neck scale: 648mm/25.5" a : Width at Nut 43mm b : Width at Last Fret 56mm (at 21 F) c: Thickness at 1st 19mm d : Thickness at 12th 21mm Radius 400mmR Basswood "Superstrat" body, with a gloss finish, one volume knob, one tone knob and one five way selector Switch. The RG370DX has an edge 3 Floyd Rose tremolo unit, which incorporates low profile fine tuners, and two screws in the arm pocket for easy adjustment of the arm height and torque. (Locking nut comes as Standard with Floyd's). Three pickups, HSH (humbucker, single coil, humbucker) setup. Ibanez factory pickups ("Infinity" or "INF") are pretty decent for factory Standard. You may want to replace them somewhere down the line, but you don't need to worry to early on. All the pickups are passive. INF3 (humbucker) at the neck, INFS3 (single coil) in the centre, and INF4 (humbucker) at the bridge. The guitar came with a small lead and allan key set, crucial for maintinence and tuning. It also includes another tremolo tension spring, for if you decide to uo the gauge of your strings. Mine came with .9 - .42 gauge strings, I think thats the Standard.

justine3563
    oh dont generalize this thing that you are talking about your 370dx.your tuning problem man,maybe you're just not lucky to have a good conditioned bridge and pups.its an individual problem.some edge3 trems work great,maybe you should replace yours
    DANTE_DEMONHALF
    guys..... I need some help RG370 or SA260 ???? I'm so confused and I'v been ages sav'n money so I can't take any risk!!!!