RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

The guitar is basswood and get pretty deep. It can brighten up in my opinion also. Very versatile tones. I get a great thick clean tone out of the neck pickup (INF3) and I get a great Strat like twang from the mid pickup (INFS3) and slap some distortion on the bridge and your set. For future though changing pickups is always up to you. This guitar doesn't NEED it at all but it will open up another doorway to tones.

I play Hendrix, VH, Mettalica, Ozzy, you name it. I own maybe 5 guitars? And I've had god knows how many. This is the first one I haven't got bored with within the first month. Definitely my favorite feature is the neck fast as **** and its not even Ibanez's best one! If you get a chance I would definitely go for a better model though. 550? You can't go wrong. But if you find this in a store for a good price snatch that baby up.

Strap Buttons are HUGE. Built like a rock. Finish is thick and rich. I would gig and gig ang gig with this puppy. I don't leave the house without this guitar anymore. Only thing I might add is the tuning pegs are like artificial. I might pop some schallers on there or something.

Said so above - This thing is WICKED fast and smooth. I have mine set so low that its rediculous. Along with that is the Edge III bridge. Whammy after whammy its in tune. Granted the strings will loosen and you have to fine tune every couple days but I mean common.- I have noticed that I play faster with this compared to any other guitar I have owned.

I'm not sure of the year. Made in Indonesi. Some of the main things that popped out to me was the Wizard II 24 fret neck. This thing is WICKED fast and smooth. I have mine set so low that its rediculous. Along with that is the Edge III bridge. Whammy after whammy its in tune. Granted the strings will loosen and you have to fine tune every couple days but I mean common. The fine tuners themselves are great. I can go from Standard tuneing to drop d without lossening the neck nut! The guitar is basswood and get pretty deep. It can brighten up in my opinion also. Very versatile tones.

Good_Lord
    Ibanez still impress me with guitar with names that are excessively unattractive ... In fact they are as attractive as the grocery store's phone number :/
    BeerChurch
    I own the RG350M (the yellow version w/maple fretboard). Great guitar for the money. I ended up blocking the trem for stability. It is starting to show signs wear after 6 months of hard playing, paint chipping off and little fret wear, but still sounds and plays fantastic.
    Nirvana00125
    I ove how the kid who posted the last review(today) plays everything BUT metal(well he plays hard rock/lite metal but w/e) yet he bought a tremelo guitar. Have luck playing Blink 182 with a floyd kid lawls
    nicxx
    I got this guitar about 2 years ago, I have some problems with wiring lately and a weird problem with a particular fret (i had a set up recently but problem remains). Also the middle pick up creates a noise when selected since i got the guitar. Othen than that very good guitar ...maybe i had the luck to buy the defective one.
    corojo
    nicxx
    Do you also get a noise when the middle pickup selected or is it just mine :s?
    DimebagZappa
    nicxx wrote: corojo wrote: I bought that guitar yesterday!!!it's one of the greatest guitar in the world!!!! Do you also get a noise when the middle pickup selected or is it just mine :s?
    Mine dosent. But i've rewired it many times. Dont let the reviews fool you ppl! Its a decent guitar, but its not great. And the electronics in mine were soldered terribly messy and my input jack was defective out the box. I replaced pups a few times, but the stock pups actually fit the sound of this guitar well and i've switched back. After playing my Prs torero, i hate the edge 3. Hate it. Floyds are so much better. All in all for 400$ its a pretty good buy. Just dont expect a 10/10 like every review on UG.