RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Before I changed the pickups, the sound of this guitar was, in one word, intense. It either had razor-sharp attack when playing metal or moonlight-clear when playing classical. The amp I use with this guitar is a Fender Frontman 15G, and it sounded awesome. When I changed the pickups, the sound changed from nice and flexible, to awesome and incredibly diverse. The stock string are very slinky and durable as well, but I changed those to some Ernie Ball super slinky. I'm not saying that this guitar dosnt have a great sound right off the box, it is amazing and it works perfectly for hard genres of music, but when modified you could say its a professional and dependable instrument. I did it because I felt that it could go aloooot farther than just a very good instrument, and with the right twitches, it is a one-of-a-kind beauty of tone.

I love this guitar so much that I named it, "Canela", and I have become soooo attached to it, that everytime I see it I wanna play it:P I feel very proud of this purchase, this guitar is honestly the best I've ever had. I've been playing for many years now, I've lost count of how many, but I know how to play many genres of music, from classical to hard rock to metal to folk to blues, and this guitar suits them all. No matter what effects you add or if you have a 1 Watt amp, this guitar will always sound and play like a professional instrument, if you see one, and are learning to play or are a veteran shredder, buy it, because you won't regret for a second, this guitar will leave you satisfied before you play it and after you do. It is just stunning, and you will feel glad to have been stunned by it, modified or not, you can't go wrong with an Ibanez RG370DX.

This guitar is reliable for anything, you can take it anywhere and nothing will happen to it, unless you're an idiot and lend it to someone who dosnt know how to play, you're careless with it, etc. The tremolo can withstand intense whamming and it will always stay in tune, I haven't had the need to tune it at all for that matter in fact, you can count on this baby for any gig, from a birthday party to opening a stadium. The strap buttons also can withstand any sort of blow, you feel like they are part of the body or something. Not only is it built to last, but it is almost professional-quality duration, you wont go wrong in this field with an RG370DX.

I bought this guitar brand new in 2010. When I took it out of the box, it was in pristine condition. It was perfectly tuned and everything was shiny and smelled like a new car: strings, tremelo, etc. The pickups were also in perfect condition, and the bridge looked straight out of the factory.the finish was and still is impecable, I've hit it a couple of times, and some of those "bumps" wouldve killed any other guitar, just like it happened to one of my previous guitars, but this one didn't even have a scratch, I was impressed, and with the hard shell case it came with, this guitar is nearly bulletproof, and it wont scratch anytime soon.

I don't know when this guitar was manufactured, but I do know it was made in USA. I assume it was made between 2004-2009. It has 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard, it plays like a dream with the 3 piece maple neck. It is absolutely ideal for anything you want to play, you can shred or arpeggio for hour and don't get tired since there is minimum drag, and the wedge-sharktooth inlays are a very cool. The body of this model is basswood, and it is in an intense, opaque, red finish. It feels smooth to touch, so it contributes to the playing as well. It has an edge III double-locking tremelo, and it is amazing as well, allowing you to go 4/5 steps down or up the note you're playing. The pickups were Infinity 3, infinity single coil 3, and infinity 4 in H-S-H position. They were very good for stock pickups, until I changed them for a DiMarzio Air Norton on the neck and DiMarzio Tone Zone on the bridge for a more dynamic and powerful sound. It has a blade 5-way Switch to select the pickups as usual, and I noticed is alot more slick than a Switch in a Fender or gibson, it is very precise and easy to move. It has a tone and volume knob, and they are extremely responsive and fast to Switch too, the best I've had in fact. The features in this guitar might look as simple and straight-forward, but after you play or own this guitar you can feel the effectiveness of them and at the end you just say: damn.

blackbird51
    nicxx wrote: corojo wrote: I bought that guitar yesterday!!!it's one of the greatest guitar in the world!!!! Do you also get a noise when the middle pickup selected or is it just mine :s?
    Mine gets some noise as well. I think it's because the middle pickup is supposed to be used in combination with the single coil from the humbuckers, it sounds so much better. If you don't know what I mean set the pickup to your bridge humbucker, then move the switch one notch over. Much more crisp sounding!
    Larry1920
    I like Ibanez'. I have a RG3EXFM1 and it's built like a rock. It's a through body so I don't have to worry about those pesky tremolo's, especially Floyd Roses.
    rv_phoenix
    Some of this guitar's reviews are excellent and the average mark reflects its true virtues, but also its limitations. It is a guitar designed for modern metal, but, provided with much versatility, it is at ease with some other kinds of classic rock too. Only its "sound fingerprint" shows a little inconsistency, which makes it hard to recognize among other Ibanez guitars (but this is the fault of most of Ibanez guitars). Otherwise, a beautiful example of contemporary craft. You can play very reffined rock on it. God has truly blessed you, happy owners of this beautiful guitar!
    NathanRobbins
    i absolutely don't understand what would possess someone to rate a $400 guitar with a 10... and the first review on this page is someone who's been playing for 8 months... WTF?
    MaggaraMarine
    ~Led~Zepp~Owns~ wrote: have you read this first guys review, like WTH???
    + 1 I didn't know that Ibanezes are made in USA and have 5 pickups!!!??? WTH is this guy talking about??