RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

Purchased from: Guitar Center (Polish)

I play usually rock/metal, mostly on high-gain settings and it's perfect - anyway, I consider this guitar as versatile, but I believe it's suits better for styles like metal etc. Sound is pretty bright, it's excellent both on distortion or clean - use 5 way pickup selector to choose from more bassy sound, to more blues tone or 'light' tone on neck pickup. I use it with no effects on Roland Cube 20X - I tried to use BOSS-MT2 but original sound with no effects is much better. Anyway, you can play whatever you want on this guitar.

It's the only guitar I have; I wouldn't change anything before buying; if it were stolen I would buy the same guitar definitely.:) Ibanez Edge III is excellent. Actually I can't compare it to other products because I haven't ever played a similiar class gear (it would be stupid to try to compare this to 200$ or 1800$ guitars:) ) I love it, but now I'm little bored of Floyd Rose bridge [using tremolo bar and changing strings - it's much different that changing strings in guitars with fixed brigde] but I wouldn't sell it anyway - I would keep it definitely.

I have it for just for 9 months but it's actually something to say. I play it at home but I play it very often, it's very comfortable; I use a tremolo a lot and it seems to be quite durable. Only flaw I found after few months is tone knob which got loosened inside - if you turn it to the max/min it will move just a bit, but it's stable. No injuries after 7 months; if you play hard, springs of the tremolo can create a small reverb-like effect - I've put a piece of tissue behind it and it's fine [anyway, it's not visible because you there's a cover on the back of the guitar. Nut on the jack input loosened a bit, so I screwed it to the max and it's ok:) I can rely on this guitar, it's excellent for that price.

Everything was set correctly in the factory, good action and properly set bridge; nothing more to say about it. No flaws found after all. Very nice shiny black paintjob; very durable, if you care about your gtr:) I didin't actually expected such good quality of production for that price.

Made in Indonesia; 24 jumbo frets; thin, very comfortable and fast neck, black, I would say piano finish, superstrat, Ibanez Edge III, INF3 [neck], INFS3 [middle], INF4 [bridge] - H-S-H, 5 way selector, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob; locking nut; at my shop it came with pretty short cable, wrenches, backup spring, tremolo bar and pretty nice Warwick case.; no strap.

rv_phoenix
    These guys know nothing about guitars and music, generally speaking. They count the plastic bars on the guitar and, if the result is 5, they think the axe has 5 pickups: the difference between a single coil and a humbucker means nothing to them (many Ibanez show up a 2-1-2 construction). They also think that USA is the only existing country on the planet, using the same kind of deduction as used for pickups: I can't locate any other country on the map, hence, there are no other countries but the USA. If I buy a guitar in the USA, it should be made in USA, since no other country exists etc. etc. etc. In fact, most of the finest guitar companies are not located in the sacred USA. Most of the custom-made guitars and luthiers' workshops are located in Europe or Canada, even in small remote countries like Hungary or Romania (have you heard of a brand named Grosmann, for instance? it's much better than any custom-shop Fender). Big companies like Ibanez or Yamaha have nothing to do with the States, while old respectable American brands have relocated the production in Asia. Even Fender and Gibson, the core of the American pride, have moved 90% of their production to China, Korea or Mexico. Let's not talk about bands neither: there is no American band among the All-Time Top 30. Such reviews just make me laugh.
    TheWolverine
    hafiz_sji wrote: ive been playing for about a year now and bought this guitar 6 months ago.overall, i am quite satisfied with it's finishing and reliability but i kept having problem keeping this shit in tune.restring-ing this guitar is a pain in the ass and i think everyone would agree.do u guys hv any idea how to make this shit sounds better? i am considering to change it's pickups.
    Get L-500s. I got those for mine and it sound BEASTIAL!! And yeah,Ibanezeses are a pain it the ass to re-sting/tune. Other than that it sounds great and plays comfortably! \m/
    trubfmvfan
    im planin on gettin dis 1 as my first electric...som1 tell me if it's a wise decision...