RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

About the sound. If you have a bad amp, it will sound muddy and bad. But with a good amp, the pickups can really give you a great experience if you're playing a rock/metal style. Otherwise, the clean is ok. I especially like the single pickup, it sounds full, unlike the humbuckers, they feel very closed and dull (maybe because they're overwound). I'm using it with a Randall RG50TC amp, and it sounds awesome for metal and rock. Clean is ok, as I said, but only in 2nd, 3rd and 4th pickup position. I played it on Peavey Classic 30 that I owned, and it was a rock machine. Curently I have a Behringer Bass VAmp PRO and I use it even with it. It's surely sounding much better for other styles when played through it. Overall, it definitley needs a pickup change.

I play many styles, from metal and rock to pop and soft music. And it can be usefull for some if you know how to use your pickups, volume and amp. I'm playing for 2 years now and have tried only a few guitars, moslty cheaper than this but I've tried a Gibson Studio and even a '73 Gibson Standard, and all I can say this Ibanez is pretty good for its price if bought 2nd hand and given less than 400-500$. I paid more, and somehow regret it, because there is much more better guitars for 100-200$ more. I will either sell this and buy some other or change the pickups. If it were stolen, I would save more and buy some 7 string (probably Ibanez or Schecter).

I giged about 10 times with it and it withstood all of it awesomly. No problems, without backup. It's reliable and its Edge III can keep it in tune for whole month of use and all you would need is to tune it slightly on the fine tuners. Now I've blocked the floyd because I don't use it so often and I'm trying different tunings.

I don't know about factory set-up, but I got the guitar awesomly set-up, and I'm setting it up for 2 years already by myself and it's a really greatfull guitar. You can really set it up as you wish. The action is low without fret buzzing, and it can get a bit lower if you can handle a bit buzzing. Frets are hard, high, and can last for years and years. Pickups are pretty floppy and it's hard to get them back in if you remove them. The pickup selector can sometimes be very noisy and loud. The finish is good, but it has some small flops. I dropped it once pretty nasty. And it survived without any big consequences, except a nasty piece of finish had fallen off and laquer around it is a bit cracked. So, it's very sturdy.

Made in Indonesia 2007 with 24 big frets and a 25.5 inch scale on a thin fast 3pc maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. It's made of basswood and it's painted gloss black with a thick poly finish. It has a pretty stabile Edge III two-point tremolo and a HSH pickup combination with a volume and tone. It's my first and only electric guitar, too.