RG370DX review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,398 votes)
Ibanez: RG370DX

I found the sound to be quite thick and heavy, it was a good sound but it was not the best I've heared for the metal and rock this guitar was advertised to excel at. I play a lot of metal and rock and this guitar suits them decentley, but I definitely have owned better for much less price. There wasn't any unusual noise from the pickups (at least not anything too loud) however I found the pickups to be of shoddy sound quality for the price you would pay for a guitar like this. I would reccomend changing the pickups.

This guitar simply isn't worth the cost. For 450 I expected much better. I own a Washburn WM24V PROE which I bought for 300 and it came with a mahogany body and neck, original EMG 81 and 85 and an original floyd rose and it is far better than any Ibanez for double or even triple the cost. Taking price out of the equation, this is a good guitar, everything is really nice, the tremolo isn't too bad either. However I felt the pickups let this guitar down. I chose this guitar because a friend recommended it to me and I had spare cash lying around, however I was dissatisfied with it and plan to re-sell it. If you are a hardcore metal/rock player I would not recommend this guitar unless you can get it for half the cost. If it were stolen or lost I would not buy another one. I wish it came with better pickups and better materials used so that this guitar could justify it's hefty cost.

I think this guitar would withstand live playing, and the hardware seems like it would last. However I would reccomend chaging the pickups before you consider using this for live playing. I think I would use this guitar as a backup, but I would not use it as my main guitar.

The guitar was set up fine to standard tuning, however one of the pickups was lopsided which required some adjustment. Everything else seemed fine and I after correcting the problem with the pickup I quickly picked up and played, I could play it fine without any flaws. The guitar initially had a bit of a high action but I lowered it and it was fine afterwards, however it was nothing special.

Made in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets on a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It has 3 passive 'INF' pickups which are Ibanez made pickups specifically for their guitars, two humbuckers and a single coil. It comes with a Ibanez 'Edge III tremolo' which is a licensed floyd rose locking trem. It has simple volume and tone knobs so everything was pretty well made and looked good here, except one of the pickups was a bit lopsided. The guitar features a basswood body, a maple neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard, however for the cost I was hoping for a better quality wood for the body.