RG370DXGP2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG370DXGP2

Purchased from: Guitars ect.

I play mostly 80's thrash metal such as Metallica and Megadeth, and this guitar suits it perfectly. I can get a fantastic clean sound or a strong distorted sound. There was no excess of sound from the pickups at all.

I play really fast metal, and this guitar suits it perfectly because of it's sound, it's low action, and it's thin neck. I have been playing for 3 years and have not played a better guitar in this price range. It will not let you down. the only thing I didn't like about it was that it didn't have a kill Switch, but that was no big deal, I just took 30 minutes and installed my own. over all this a great guitar with an amazing sound and a lot of features. if you have $450 get this guitar.

This guitar will withstand any Live playing. I've dropped this thing several times, and it still plays like the day I bought it. The finish on the bridge has begun to wear from me playing it daily for the last year but that has not messed with the performance what'soever. I can always depend on this guitar.

the guitar had really low action when I bought it, but still had no buzzing on other frets, which made it perfect for fast soloing. the pickups were at a fine height, and their were no flaws what'soever.

I am unsure when this guitar was made, but it was made in Indonesia. It has a 24-fret, 3-piece maple wizard II neck. The finger board is bound rosewood with Shark tooth inlays. the body is basswood. It has an edge III tremolo bridge that is fantastic. you can move the bridge with one finger if you wanted to. It has one volume control, one tone, and a five way pickup selector. the bridge pickup is an Infinity 4 humbucker, the middle pickup is an infinity 3 single coil, and the neck pickup is an infinity 3 humbucker.

enselmis
    windy.uk
    x666cfh666x wrote: the edge III does indeed suck, i put new strings on my guitar about a week ago, im tuned down to drop-c and the trem is still pulling up alot, even with me increasing the tension on the springs in the back. so i actually had to cut a block of wood to stick in there to "lock" it, so there is no bandwagon, they just suck.
    maybe cause there designed for drop e not drop c so the tensions are all wrong, if you want drop c buy a baritone guitar so that the floyd rose can cope with that tension level
    SayHello2Heaven
    enselmis wrote: Rock Boy wrote: It's pretty nice, but Edge III is bad and the pickups lack dynamic range. yeah the infintiy line of pickups are kind of crap, i have a 1 and 2 in my S620, they're EMG designed so that could be why they suck, but im swapping em out for duncans in a bit. oh and to whats his face with the ABCDEFG etc. your a dick. get raped. i hope you parents have a stroke and die.(too much?)
    hardly enough. That comment was about as funny as a Scott Weiland Overdose (though perhaps not as common)
    SayHello2Heaven
    Hamsterhitman
    SayHello2Heaven wrote: And you guys that think you aren't spoiled, spend a couple of months in downtown Detroit or Chicago or Philly. Take the dick out of your mouth and get a perspective. You narcissistic little bastards have a sense of entitlement the size of the Warped Tour Seetlist.
    You know, just because someone is relatively well-off doesn't by any means mean that they're spoiled. It's only if they take what they have for granted that they're spoiled. Seeing as how I didn't show in any way in my post that I do take what I have for granted, I don't think you have any damn right to be judging me.
    hobozach
    busted_hater wrote: lol face fact ibanez are shit
    ...nice way to badtalk a brand of guitars that some of the worlds best shredders use as their namesake. btw, y is everyone so offensive? so what some ppl are spoiled to shit, let them NOT learn anything and when they leave their parents nest, let them fall on their ass and learn their lessons of life. And to be quiet honest to the "spoiled" as some would call, not very many are blessed with the privilege of getting a nice guitar for christmas. ...btw, wat does saying "im getting this guitar for christmas" have ANYthing to do with "getting a perspective"????? ...grow up everyone
    CapnKickass
    MasterExploder0
    CapnKickass wrote: nemjeff13 wrote: is this like the new bandwagon...hating the edge III tremolo? I have one and dont abuse it,and it works perfectly fine...this site just loves bandwagons alright, get Clint Eastwood. Cuz, we're gonna paint a wagon, we're gonna paint it good. ..So who won Me, or the ABC guy?..... lolololol!!!! .... Merry Christmas.
    HAHAHAHA...the ABC guy.
    x666cfh666x
    psycho3076
    HHAHA this is the funniest guitar review ever hahahah i just wunna know if its worth buying
    Dime 4 LIFE
    Look, the fact is that Ibanez took a shitty tremolo and covered it up with the flashy paint. When I bought mine I had just started playing and I didn't know to much about guitars. Unfortunatly I do now and that is why I am selling mine. Ibanez does make decent guitars just not this one. I would take a Dean over this guitar anyday.
    SlayingDragons
    srvkicks@$$ wrote: holy shit you are spoiled, you are like "yes fathers buying me a new guitar for the holidays" i just hate you kids that get watever you want because everything that ive ever lended to little bastards like you has ended up destroyed because you value nothing because everything is handed to you on a silver platter i hope your parent disown you and right you out of the trust fund
    Dude... wtf. This was completely uncalled for. His last sentence: "Anyway, I'm getting this guitar as a Christmas present. Looking forward to using it." Your last sentence: "i hope your parent disown you and right you out of the trust fund" He said he was looking forward to getting a christmas present. How this makes him a spoiled brat and that he will never value it and will end up destroying it, i'll never know. And why is it people on here are harsher then on the pit? These little comment things have had some pretty bad arguments.
    \m/ HUX \m/
    SlayingDragons : and the beauty of the edge III is that an OFR fits in its place. thats funny. of course the edge III isnt the best tremelo set up. look at the fcking price. Its not meant to best guitar but it does the job. ovarall, good guitar for the price.
    POWERMETAL!
    SlayingDragons wrote: and the beauty of the edge III is that an OFR fits in its place.
    this is the ONLY decent comment on the whole page..
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    This is my next guitar for sure...I'll buy it from my next paycheck...I don't know why the edge III should be such a problem when playing this guitar if it does the job and the guitar doesn't get out of tune that fast....
    boeman1995
    Actually I am really getting spoiled in some way... I got a lot of money from my parents for the holidays, as I'm not old enoguh to work a proper job, and I'm gonna get a used GP1 for $300 if I'm lucky... I'll sell the GRG170DX, and then, with the money from my parents, I'll even have money to spare for a new graphics card... That is what I'd call getting spoiled... But getting spoiled (and here's the point) isn't necessarily a bad thing. Who says that you get spoiled always by the way? Could be your parents are very greedy, and just this one time, decide to spend some money on you... And getting a guitar for christmas isn't that weird, if the whole family joins in, is it?
    G-money!$
    I own one, and it's my baby. I love this thing. I agree, the tremolo is a pain in the butt (especially to change tunings. I'd rather be shot than tune this thing between D and standard) But it plays fantastically, and I got it for a steal! $350 with a Road Runner case
    97jondavis
    I have one of these babies, but I got mine from a pawn shop (minor mistake). Everything was great apart from the springs making a sound everytie I played it. Solved that problem by putting tape on em'. Great guitar though for the $250 price tag at the pawnshop
    zoomzoom
    you're a fcking *****, so the dude's getting a guitar for christmas, so what? last year i got an SG for christmas and am i a spoiled brat? (not that you'd know, but im not!) You're a jealous prick!. Go suck a huge one.
    neojazzical
    srvkicks@$$ wrote: Hamsterhitman wrote: I don't really get why they have all these names for the models (RG350DX, RG370DX, etc.) when they're essentially the exact same guitar but with a different paint job. Anyway, I'm getting this guitar as a Christmas present. Looking forward to using it. holy shit you are spoiled, you are like "yes fathers buying me a new guitar for the holidays" i just hate you kids that get watever you want because everything that ive ever lended to little bastards like you has ended up destroyed because you value nothing because everything is handed to you on a silver platter i hope your parent disown you and right you out of the trust fund
    chill out dude. that's straight jealousy right there.
    Rock Boy
    It's pretty nice, but Edge III is bad and the pickups lack dynamic range.
    metal_666_man
    bucketbot
    Got it, love it, it's never let me down. Only two complaints though. Edge III suck hard, and theres very little high end in the hums. Singlecoils quite lovely sounding though.
    Menzaine
    Damn Ibanez with their long ass names! Meh Edge trems do suck ass but they do their job...kinda. Im getting a bit fed up of locking trems anyway. Better than a bigsby i guess.
    Culaki
    GuitarPlayer716 wrote: Hey, check it out, I just Ibanez's new model, the ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!!!!!111!!!
    You're cool...*sigh*
    tilinmyowngrave
    possibly the most unfunniest comment ever. I would actually sig that... but its SOOO terrible... i just cant be arsed.
    ZaÐ
    It has an edge III tremolo bridge that is fantastic
    Whaatt? O___o When? where? WHYYY!!!!?!??!?
    Stay Up Late
    He said he's getting a guitar for Christmas. Way to overreact, dude.
    Sic59
    never
    Devdude25
    metal_666_man wrote: Rock Boy wrote: It's pretty nice, but Edge III is bad and the pickups lack dynamic range. this guitar is actually really good. I do agree with the edge III, its not good at all but i think pickups are exactly made for metal and they deliver nicely
    Made for Metal... doesnt that mean its very sensitive and not really made for a variety of different tones? or lacking a dynamic range in the tones the guitar is capable of... -.-
    nemjeff13
    srvkicks@$$
    srvkicks@$$
    wow you can type the entire alphabet without screwing up, i can tell you put alot of time and effort into this, you must be so proud
    JungIe
    must be the "III" yknow, line 6 spider III... guitar hero... III... uh... three...
    Vrstone87
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO..... guy has a point, do they give the RGs a long enough name?
    Hamsterhitman
    Hmm... So I'm spoiled because I'm getting a guitar for Christmas? lol... I dunno... I guess I would try to defend myself here, but I really have no idea what you're talking about. Not to mention your second paragraph makes no sense. Like, at all. Eh, whatever, I guess.