RG370DXZ review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG370DXZ

Price paid: C$ 445

Purchased from: Long & McQuades

It has 2 Knobs; A volume and a tone with a 5-way selector which makes it simpler than most guitars. It still uses it's Infinity Pickups which are quite hot but not fit for playing mellow clean songs. This is one of the greatest guitars you can purchase if you're mainly a Rock or Metal Player.

I'd give the old 370dx a 8 while I'd give this one a 9.5 due to the lack of versatility with the pickups... If you're a rocker or metal player under a tight budget, a guitar like this for around $400 is just perfect; I'd suggest this one to almost anyone.

I've only gigged once with this guitar but it was perfect, I'd absolutely bring a backup though, the tremolo is much easier to move but that might tempt me to push too hard and screw it over; I'm a die hard metal artist so to easy rockers there are going to be little to no issues.

My only issue I had with this guitar was that I had to fix the nut a little because it was off just by a bit, took 2 minutes out of my life but maybe it was just this one... Still a solid, powerful, sexy guitar. Compared to the old 2003 model with the powersound pickups this would totally kill the 2003. When it came to me it was glossy with very little scratches (Probably due to my own handling prior to examining it). It's a 10 because of the greater improvements.

The RG370DXZ is a 24 fret Superstrat shaped guitar mainly meant for Rock and Metal. The RG370DXZ is part of the RG's 2011 line, Notice the Z as in the New Edge Zero II Tremolo which will ultimately replace the Horrible Edge III and it's still made in Korea. The new Edge Zero II Tremolo is more comfortable than the Edge III and with the new ZPS system, you can smash away with your tremolo and stay in the same tuning. Compared to the old RG370DX, this is a great leap forward.

rebornmaster9
    MyJarOfFlies wrote: ibanez guitars are junk mann.
    troll ibanez are amazing guitars i wish i could afford the higher end models
    supersac
    blooddrunk
    i have an RG and its the most versatile axe i own. great build quality. only sticky point is the trem. i prefer screw in ones
    OffshoreClown
    ibanez are great guitars, it's just like anything though. The cheaper you go the lower the quality.
    rv_phoenix
    wario_mt wrote: ibanez = junk.
    This is one of the most stupid lines, if not THE most stupid, one can read on the UG these days. And there's plenty of stupid lines here. Ibanez is one of worlds's major musical instruments producers, firmly established, at least in metal guitars, as a leading one. It has dozens of great instruments in its current range. Besides them, Ibanez also sells - like Fender and Gibson too - cheap guitars under the same moniker. I agree the GIO series is a huge disappointment. But all the other series are valuable. Everybody knows RGs are fine axes, whether you like it or not. I must mention I DON'T own an Ibanez. The only Ibanez thing in my equipment is a 25 cm patch cable.
    Rextlab
    thanks for the review.this guitar is so cool as I thought mann.I will buy this someday!
    valennic
    I don't like RGs, but i'm not sure you realize that many shred guitars from the 80s were built from basswood due to its tonal versatility. Just sayin.
    RyanMetalMatthe
    supersac wrote: RyanMetalMatthe wrote: How can you give that high of a rating to a guitar with a basswood body? Basswood sucks for metal. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater; I have an RG2EX1, but damn. basswood isnt a bad wood not all guitars are made for metal and rgs are some of the most versatile guitars ive ever played
    I know that not all guitars are for metal, but everytime someone reviews one, they always say they use it for metal. I use my RG for Offspring and it sounds fine, but for metal, forget about it.
    RyanMetalMatthe
    mydian
    Nice review although a 9.5 is maybe a little high. Probably more of a 7 or 8.. with the original 370DX being a 5. Edge iii's suck. Anyway who says they're not bad just got lucky and got a decent one. The one I had (RG5EX1) was garbage. I love my old RG220B and it's crappy Edge II bridge tho and people talk trash about it so who knows. Ibanez rules!
    DimebagZappa
    A 9.5 for a 370 with an edge zero. I think not. Yet another 'quality' review on UG. The edge 3 isnt even that bad, Ive had my 370 for 3.5+ years and though its certainly no Floyd it holds tuning fairly well. Even when the 'herman li grab n shake' technique is used I just gotta dip the bar to get back to tune. This review sucks.
    Most_Triumphant
    I have a RG 270 DX which an amazing guitar! I had to switch out the stock pickups because they sucked but now it sings