RG370DXZ review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG370DXZ

Purchased from: Musicians Mall

I play metal, like most people who would buy an ibanez. The pickups are great, considering theyre some stock pickups on a made in indonesia guitar. Distortion sounds great on this guitar, even clean does actually, though there are probably better guitars for that kind of music where you use clean. I run it through a Fender Mustang 2, and I'm gettin a Boss DS-1 for it. It sounds great, though in the future, I'm probably going to have to change pickups.

I play metal, like avenged sevenfold, slipknot, children of bodom, dream theater, etc. The guitar is built for metal. It's neck is super thin, the fretboard was excellent, the bridge was strong, the pickups were sharp, everything on the guitar is perfect. And yet, I can pull of some country stuff like achy breaky heart(pls don't laugh, it was a school thing) on this guitar! If someone stole it, I would murder them... When I went to buy a guitar, I originally had my eyes on a Jackson rhoads or dinky. I was just about to buy the dinky, when the shops Ibanez shipment came in. There was an rg 350ez and this. In a flash, after a quick tryout of the guitar, I knew the Ibanez was way better than the Jackson could ever be. I chose this because I hate pickguards. The guitar is worth 2 times the money I paid. And people say prestiges are a thousand times better than MII ibanezes! I frankly don't believe anything can even top this guitar!

The guitar is a frikkin diamond. The only problem it's had was that the arm holder came out, but that's the price of trying to be like Herman Li :P The bridge is actually good, in spite of its not Japanese origins. The whole guitar is tough, the guy at the guitar shop, who fixed the arm holder when it broke, couldn't even open the back plate! He ended up using drill with a screwdriver. It is not humanly possible for this guitar to last less than 20 years, that's my guess.

The guitar was excellent. The bridge was perfectly set up, the strings were new, the paint was clear, the hardware was great. It all feels solid. The EZ2 stays in tune all the time(unless you idolize Herman Li, I learnt that the hard way). I can change it from Drop D to Standard in a snap, and not a single string goes out of tune! It's also very comfortable. But the arm's finish at the point where it bends from just above the tightening thing on it, is very poor. The pick actually scratched a bit of finish off! The only problem, and this is a major one, was the placement of that damn volume knob. It comes in the way of the tremolo bar.

This guitar is a 2011 RG370DXZ. It has 24 frets, a bound rosewood fretboard, a 3 piece maple neck, and a black basswood body, Ibanez INF 3, INF3S and INF 4 pickups, and the Edge Zero 2. It has a volume and tone knob, and a 5 way blade switch. NOTE: It actually cost 26,600 rupees, I just converted to USD, its probably d wrong figure, but UG doesn't have Indian Rupees in it.

Xelested
    lolprobot123 wrote: DimebagZappa wrote: A 9.5 for a 370 with an edge zero. I think not. Yet another 'quality' review on UG. The edge 3 isnt even that bad, Ive had my 370 for 3.5+ years and though its certainly no Floyd it holds tuning fairly well. Even when the 'herman li grab n shake' technique is used I just gotta dip the bar to get back to tune. This review sucks. The "Herman Li Grab Technique!?!?" Steve Vai Did It First, And By The Way, Dragonforce And Herman Li Suck Hairy Suicide Silence Balls
    My Opinion Looks Better With All Caps.
    MaggaraMarine
    MaggaraMarine
    Raikoh wrote: I dont know what the problem with Basswood, EVH use and sounds great! If u dont like it, pick another guitar! And thats ridiculous u say this guitar is for that stile, every guitar can be for every stile, Dave Murray use a Stratocaster and plays Metal...
    Yeah, man but they are talking about that drop-z tuning metal. Not early heavy metal.
    Jan Kuske
    I have a question and I hope that someone can answer: My main (and only good) guitar is the Ibanez RG370DX What is the different to the RG370DXZ ? You said something about an EZ2. I'm not sure about my tremolo system but is this the only different? It would be nice if you would have an answer! Thanks, and greetings from Germany! Jan K.
    J-dog-Ibanez
    Ibanez guitars are awesome,and almost all of them look completely awesome.My friend has one and it is as thin as paper.
    mydian
    Lethal Dosage
    mydian wrote: MaggaraMarine wrote: Grimpond wrote: If I had a buck for everytime 'I play mostly\mainly metal' was said in these reviews id be rich enough to move to Fiji and drink coronas on the beach for the rest of my life You're so right! Like there were no other genres. I'm not saying that I don't like metal but it just annoys me when everybody in this site plays only metal. And the metal they play seems like that "drop-Z tuning" overproduced sounding music that I don't like. I like older metal but listening to some glam or early heavy metal isn't metal any more. So you're saying people should lie and not say that? Or maybe not even write a review because they play metal? Sounds kind of silly. Maybe you woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Anyway.. good review and nice axe. Ibanez Rules!
    Exactly. And anyway most people that buy an ibanez are into rock and metal or at least some sort of shred playing. Although they are versatile guitars most people the play them are metal players due to the neck profile/shape. I have an Ibanez 7 and a 6 string S and they are both great guitars. And to not fit the stereotype laid out by the person you are quoting I dont play "drop Z metal", I play thrash and original death metal like death, kreator, cannibal corpse, and morbid angel.
    blackbird51
    RyanMetalMatthe wrote: supersac wrote: RyanMetalMatthe wrote: How can you give that high of a rating to a guitar with a basswood body? Basswood sucks for metal. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater; I have an RG2EX1, but damn. basswood isnt a bad wood not all guitars are made for metal and rgs are some of the most versatile guitars ive ever played I know that not all guitars are for metal, but everytime someone reviews one, they always say they use it for metal. I use my RG for Offspring and it sounds fine, but for metal, forget about it.
    Are you slow upstairs? You obviously don't know anything about metal, let alone being able to play it. I can play a guitar made of ****ing acrylic and run it through my rig and sound metal as ****. It all comes down to the player, you aren't a metal player, therefore it sounds like garbage when you "try" to play metal. Get over it bro. That being said, The Black Dahlia Murder, Animals As Leaders, TesseracT, Early Dream Theater to name a few metal bands who use/used Ibbys..