RG3EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG3EX1

This guitar suits my music style perfectly. I play anything from classical and blues to metal (mostly metal, however). I'm playing it through a Vox AD15VT with a Dunlop Crybaby. The sound is fairly balanced, as it should be (it has a basswood body). I didn't get any noise at all while using this guitar, but my amp does have noise reduction that I was using. The pickups in it were good seeing how much the guitar cost, but putting in Seymour Duncans improved it greatly. Overall, it sounded great; you're not going to find a much better sound out of a $400 guitar. 9, the pickups weren't as good as I hoped but a Switch helped change that.

I play a little bit of classical, blues, and classic rock, but mostly heavy metal (from Judas Priest to Megadeth), and as a newer player, this guitar suits me perfectly. There isn't much information out on this guitar, but it is one of the best guitars you can get for $400. If this guitar were stolen or lost, I would probably get either this or a 2006 Jackson RR3 (the new models are good but slightly expensive). I like everything about it, except for the fact there is no good floyd rose on it. I compared it to several other products, including some Schecters (Omen and some C-1's), some Jacksons (older RR3, some Dinkys), and a MIM Fender Fat Strat. This guitar blew them all out of the water. I would recommend this guitar to any beginning player Who plays any kind of rock and roll.

I'm not good enough to be gigging yet, but I believe this guitar could withstand live playing. The hardware seems like it would last, and the whole thing is extremely durable and dependable. The strap buttons are very solid, but there are no strap locks, so one would have to be careful. 10, overall durable and dependable guitar.

The guitar was set up decently (better than the RG2EX1, but still not perfect). The pickups were minimally adjusted (neck pickup lowered and bridge pickup raised). There were no flaws that I could see, but the intonation was off by quite a bit, and the action was a tad bit high for my liking. Easy to change, though. 8, action and intonation needed some work but there were no other flaws.

Master_gtr_plyr
    I love this guitar, i may have paid more than $400 for it but i dont regret paying every dime for it. i Play all types of metal & heavy stuff. I did find a guitar that was more perfect for that type of music than this one for beein a mid priced guitar.
    punkrcksk8er182
    i have this guitar in blue and black in a wavy design i got mine for more than 400 though but i dont regret it at all ...this guitar is awesome and u can play mostly any type of music on it but i would have rated it better i prob wouldve rated the guitar a 10 or 9.5 (if possible)on sound and a 9 on action