RG3EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG3EX1

Great for all sorts of genres. I play a lot of metal so it definitley works very well under a lot of gain. It's great for blues when you put the selector switch on the the 2nd position. Great "Slash solo" sound on the neck pick up. Tons of sustain. With a good cable and amplifier, you wouldn't be able to tell if your volume is very high and you almost deafen yourself when you play a note. It's got a mid (between thin and thick), almost tube like sound, for those of you Who listen to Joe Satriani, you know what I mean.

Great guitar, I love it. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy a new one. Only complaints are that the output jack does get loose every once in a while and the bridge discoloration but other than that. It's perfect. I compared it to the Gryphon by Schecter and I prefered this.

This guitar can withstand the gigging lifestyle. The straps haven't failed me yet. Hardware is great and very stable. I wouldn't use it with out a backup because if a string breaks from bending, I don't want to have to restring and break in a new string. The finish is fine but is scratchable.

The finish is durable but it can be scratched if you deliberately try to. Pickups were well adjusted when I got it but I raised the bridge for a more aggressive tone. The action was flawless, I mean it, it was perfect. The trussrod was perfectly adjusted, didn't have to touch a thing. The wood is properly bookmatched. No flaws so far. Very well made. The only thing is the bridge is a bit discolored on mine. So make sure you don't have the same thing on yours.

This is a 2007 RG3EXQM1. It has a transparent red finish on a quilted maple top. 24 jumbo Frets. The body is basswood. It also has a HardTail bridge for sustain and tuning stability. The two passive humbucker pickups are designed by EMG. It has 1 volume knob, one tone knob and a 3-way pickup selector Switch. The tuners are non-locking Ibanez tuners. All hardware is pewter colored except the cap on the pickup selector Switch is black. The tone knob broke on me, not the potentiometer, the knob, this is an isolated incident and reflects nothing on the quality, which is very good.