RG3EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG3EX1

Purchased from: Sam Ash

My music style is melodic metalcore, and this guitar suits beautifully. It has a very heavy tone and the guitar itself handles downtunes better then Standard. I play in C, and this guitar sounds the best in C, although D Standard and B Standard also sound nice. The guitar does make some noise but I theorize that I merely have to clean out the pickups to get rid of that. I am currently in Egypt so this is the wrong place to worry about getting dust out of somewhere.

I play heavy rock, melodic death, metalcore, and occasionally I help my industrial friends out. I have been playing for 10 months and have come through leaps and bounds in my playing. This guitar works for any rock-based style. Anything else I don't know because I don't play any other style (although I've been wanting to learn jazz) What I love about this guitar the most is that, since I have larger hands and it has a thin neck, I have more power over the instrument. This guitar fits my hands, tastes, and all-around personality perfectly. My friends always fight over playing my guitar but I put it under a no-one-but-me-plays basis. If I lost or had this guitar stolen, I would go through hell and high water to get the same model, but if not I would probably Switch over to an ESP LTD.

This guitar has withstood live playing and it is capable of bringing the house down. This guitar is very durable and I have played without a backup. The hardware is so simple I highly doubt it will ever break down and if it does it wil be because of malpractice on my part. The finish is completely untouched and even has a psychedelic look to it...you will have friends arguing about whether its grey or green. I say grey but thats just me.

The guitar was set up beautifully. The bridge itself was aligned perfectly just the one part where the high E string goes was slightly positioned wrong so the E string was down a little more. This is easily fixed with the push of a finger or adjusting a really small screw. The action was beautifully. Quite simply; the action was as low as it could go without buzzing. The electronics on the inside are neatly laid out. I've dealt with messy innards before but when I opened the guitar to investigate a problem I was having(which turned out just to be I didn't push the knob on far enough) I smiled.

The Ibanex RG3EX1 has a basswood body and jumbofrets. It has sharkfin inlays and the Standard, yet iconic, Ibanez headstock. The Bridge is a string-thru It is a HardTail guitar, meaning no whammy, but as someone Who dislikes whammy bars, this guitar suits me. It has a Strat style body with a grey-black finish which is also laminated. It also has a thin speed neck. The pickup system is dual EMG humbuckers with a three way Switch, volume, and tone control. The nonlocking tuners do not have a brand name, so I cannot identify them.

justine3563
    punkrcksk8er182 wrote: ooo hold up is there such a model as the rg 4 ex 1 cuz i think thats what i have
    4ex1,either a 4exqm1 or 4exfm1.they're RG tremolo..
    dyllan93
    I got mine at a pawn shop for about $215. plays like it's brand new. my old Ibanez (GSZ120) was wearing down. this was a perfect step-up for me. mine came in a gator-green finish and shreds like the wind