RG3EXFM1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG3EXFM1

I mostly play metal, even though I do delve into jazz, blues, rock, etc. This guitar suits metal perfectly, as it was made for metal so it should. The pickups, like most stock ones, are just mediocre, which aren't special but get the job done. I would suggest switching these out. The single coil has some buzz to it, but then again, most do. The Bridge (Infs4) works pretty well for metal rhythm and shredding. The basswood body also has a nice sound to it. Switch the strings right as you get it as, they sound like ****. But, DON'T Switch GAUGE! this pulls the trem the wrong was if you don't mess with some of the internal screws and will screw up the intonation and the tuning severely.

Very good guitar for the price. If it broke, I would definitely get a new one, as it is cost effective and reliable. String changes and tuning are time intensive, but then again all Floyd Roses are. Know what your going into before you buy a Floyd. Perfect for metal. It's not of $2000 quality, but who has the money these days? No reason not to buy it. Hope this helps.

I don't usually play live, but I usually practice for 2 hours a day at the least and a lot more on the summer, so I wouldn't know what it would be like live, but I do know that it's a tough guitar that's built to last. Like I said, some of the painted parts get warn, but if that's your reason for not buying it you, shouldn't be buying guitars. None of the finish has come off. If I did play live, I would always have a back up even if I had a super good guitar. No problems at all.

I didn't have to mess with anything but the strings out of the box. Most people that don't like the guitar seem to have problems with the trem angle witch can be adjusted by screws on the inside of the body. These can be accessed by unscrewing the back. Now, the Edge III trem is what you get for the price; it gets the job done pretty well. Of course, it's not of Ibanez Prestige caliber, but so far there hasn't been many problems. The only thing is that sometimes you get a little bit of a creak when either pushing it up or down, but it's not noticeable if you have distortion going on. The finish on the guitar is an eyegasm, and is what caught my attention in the first place. I got the flame top maple in grey, and it looks great. The painted parts of the guitar wear down, but its not very noticable accept to the one that's playing it. Overall, no problems.

So far, I've had it for a year. It's a nice guitar for the price. It feature a very, very thin and unfinished neck that has superb playability, stock Infinity 3 an humbuckers and an Infinity 3 single coil (chosen by a 5 way pickup selector), rosewood fretboard, maple bolt-on neck (did I mention it's fast?), cool Shark tooth inlays, die cast tuners, and an Edge III double locking trem system. Overall, there's a lot of features that do what they're meant to do for the most part.

Asnm
    should i go with the RG3EXFM1 or the RG321MH?something to do with mahogany and basswood..??tone quality?
    LostKeys
    jailhawkk wrote: why do they keep maing super bad ass looking guitar wiff out whammy bars -.- i cant stand not having a whammy bar its so restricting
    They have this same guitar in both finishes with a Floyd. It's called the RG4EXFM1.