RG3EXFM1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG3EXFM1

The sound, its on my Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 amazing amp by the way. The sound you get from this guitar is nice, but more on the Rocker side. And I'm all about metal. Some clean stuff, but often metal. This guitar has a variety of sounds it can make, really nice cleans and can work its way to some hard rock. The 5 way switch makes it very versatile, adds the coil tapping effect. But it doesn't fit my needs until I replace the pickups.

Metal, hard rock, blues, heavy metal, thrash metal... And other sorts of metal. Play songs by: Alter Bridge, Parkway Drive, All That Remains, Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, and Trivium. I actually wish I noticed the 5 way switch, it totally through me off. The coil tapping effect is nice, but I like my three way switches better for only 2 humbuckers. I only played it once at GC for about 2 hours. And just the feel and looks of the guitar immediately grabbed my attention, much better than a lot of guitars at GC. Really nice looking guitar. One of the cheaper ones but has the beauty of a guitar worth around $600-$800. I would loose my mind if this guitar got stolen. I would hunt him down, beat his face in, and rescue this beauty!

Ya defiantly. Its withstood about 2 years of playing and I plan on putting in some new pickups when I get the time. Strap buttons on this guitar seem rather small and I would really suggest strap locks with this guitar. Would be able to gig with this, can depend on this guitar it will not let you down. But always good to have a backup in case something random happens. The gloss will getting messed up, so just clean it regularly to keep its beauty.

The guitar was set up very nice. Nothing that I could tell was really wrong with it. The finish has to be the best thing on this guitar. Through some 10 gauge strings on instead of the nine. It perfectly made, they should not make any mistakes. Wish it didn't have a 5 way switch that's about it.

This guitar is amazing for the price, got to love the paint job, got mine in the blackberry version instead of the ghostly black, just looks better. This guitar has a 5 way selector for 2 humbucker pickups. I actually really hate this. It kind of puts me out of my comfort zone, I always use 3 way switches. And I've never soldered a 5 way switch, but it can't be that difficult and 1 tone and 1 volume. The neck is really nice. It is made from a basswood body with a flamed maple top. I got this cheaper because of a coupon for 15% off, it usually is around $350 so about $380 with tax and shipping... But I got it for $310.

DoubleBassCrash
    portalsedge wrote: bippi wrote: Hai buddies, before I apologize because I am new here. I just want to ask. What do you think about guitars made in Indonesia with Chinese-made. Thanksabbydaddy03 wrote: I have a mid price Ibanez acoustic/electric and I love it! It is made in China, and I find it just so effing irritating that even these instruments aren't made in the USA. ibanez guitars are japanese, so.... why would they make it in the us?
    I've played their Korean, Indonesian, and Chinese guitars. The Indonesian instruments are pretty solid, I think they need more work on their ERGs, though. I've yet to find a Xiphos 7 string that I liked, quality wise they felt cheap (the ones I've played, anyway, and that was a few years ago), I wish they were as solid as the six string Xiphos. Korean instruments are pretty hit and miss, too, but you can find some solid Korean guitars as well, some of those 7321s are built and play amazing. I hate their chinese guitars, haven't played any of the new ones (Chinese ARs and so forth) but I hated the Chinese RGs. If I buy an Ibanez, I make sure it's Japanese. I haven't even been able to bring myself to buy their limited run stuff (EX:Ashula), and they make some pretty cool limited run stuff. There are USA Ibanez guitars, but the only way you're going to get a USA Ibanez is through LACS endorsement, which is the wet dream of just about every Ibanez purist. You can dream, but good luck with that. The best thing you can get outside of a straight up custom Ibanez guitar is a J Custom, they have fixed specs, but are badass guitars.
    bladeofwar
    Well, Ibanez is a Japanese company. And their quality control is insanely good. Not everything made in America is better.
    GuitarNewbee
    where did you find the dimarizio air nortons for the neck pickup and the Dimzarizio D-Sonic for the bridge pickups because i want to change the pickups on mine to those but all i can find on guitar center and musicians friends is dimarizio air nortons and D-sonics but for 7 string guitars, i cant find any for 6 string guitars.
    countryboy67
    I'm looking to swap out the pickups on mine. I have the hardtail version. Are the V7/V8s standard of F-spaced?