RG450DX Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 06/15/2016 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG450DX
My overall impression... I love this guitar. I love the flat, thin neck. I love the sounds I love the Floyd Rose, I love everything about it.
 7.8
 9.1
 6.4
 16,261
reviews (2) pictures (3) 49 comments vote for this gear:
RG450DX Reviewed by: jakeh2233, on august 10, 2010

Purchased from: craigslist

Features: Not sure on the year, but it was made in korea. 24 frets, jumbo frets, very thing/ flat bolt-on neck. Body wood is basswood, or alder, I think it's basswood. Neck, and headstock it maple. This guitar looks just like the JEM, just ithout that handle like piece cut out. I have a blue model. It's transparent finish, with a reflective blue scratchplate. The body is pretty much like a pointy strat. Floyd Rose like bridge. It's not an actual floyd rose, but it's sorta close. One vol. Knob, and one tone knob. 5-way selector switch. Pickup setup is h-s-h. Stock pickups ere infinity 1, infinity s1 and infinity 2 pickups. // 9

Sound: I play all kinds of music. Rock, metal acoustic, alternitive, etc. And this guitar has shown to fit all of those sounds.. It's hooked up to a Fender Frontman 25R 75watt amp. It has a Ibanez thrashmetal distortion pedal hooked up to it. The pickups are a bit noisy... But, they're stock.. So of course. But, it also has a nice warm tone on the neck pickup.. It sounds very full, bright, and even glassy... And with the floating tremolo, you make eeven better sounds, you can divebomb, flutter, etc. etc. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I wouldn't know about factory setups, but I bought this from a guy, and it looks like he really diddn't care, it was missing a nut lock, and 3 strings. But, I fixed all of that, and I set up properly. The pickups, are pretty good for stock pickups. My high E string saddle itsn't properly set in, so if I do not have a string in it, it sometimes falls out. But, that's the only flaw I know about. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is meant for live playing.. It can definitly withstand it. The hardware is rock solid. The strap buttons aare so solid, and stable. No orries of it breaking. I wouldn't even dare go to a gig without a backup. No matter what guitar, I alays have a backup. But, if I were't so precautionary, then yeah. I would bring it without backup. The finish was done well... It's amazing how it is not peeling, or anything! // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impression... I love this guitar. I love the flat, thin neck. I love the sounds I love the floyd rose, I love everything about it. If this got stolen, or lost. I'd definitly try to find another... But, I think ibane is trying to deny it's exsistance... Overall. I'd say if you had the choice to get this guitar, take it. // 9

RG450DX Reviewed by: jwinn731, on june 15, 2016

Features: I don't really know much about where I got my guitar from since it was a gift, but I'll talk about it. It's a blue guitar with a white pickguard, two knobs, and a pickup switch. This guitar has a quite thin neck with larger frets and is extremely comfortable to play. It looks extremely nice and feels great to play. It has two humbucker pickups with a single coil inbetween them, and a locking bridge. It stays in tune quite well, as I usually don't have to tune it very often. My only real complaint is the large frets take a while to get used to, but after that it's a great guitar to use. // 9

Sound: I tend to play mostly hard rock and metal, on extremely rare occasions going into prog rock, and this guitar, almost always combined with my Roland Cube 40GX amplifier, fits the job perfectly. It was made to play hard rock, and it does the job. When distorted, which it almost always is, it has a very distinctive growl to the lower strings, along with a very nice higher tone to go with it. I also love the sound of the vibrato, with makes it even better. Every string sounds great, although it really doesn't sound that great when you play more than 3 strings at once, so don't use too many chords. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know much about how guitars are set up, but I don't really see any flaws in my guitar. The pickups sound great, I don't feel any problems with the neck, and all the tuners work fine. I don't really have any complaints with the setup, but since my last guitar was some random 3/4 size I couldn't find any information about I don't have much to compare it to. I love how it looks too, so that's a plus. As I said, the guitar is extremely comfortable to play, and the neck is quite thin, meaning it's much easier to hold. The body also feels comfortable also, not just the neck. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I played this guitar live at a talent show a few weeks back, and it certainly did its job. I probably will use it live for a long time. The hardware seems like it will last quite a while, as there aren't any noticeable flaws with it. The strap buttons are extremely solid(probably too solid to be honest. I can't get my strap on most of the time), as my strap doesn't seem to ever fall off. It's extremely dependable, and I probably wouldn't need a backup if I were to ever play live. The finish holds on extremely well, and I don't think it will go away any time soon. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is an absolutely perfect match for my hard rock style. I've been playing it since February, and it sounds perfect in both my amplifiers. It sounds great with my bass when I'm recording as an added bonus. The larger frets are hard to get used to if you haven't used them before, but they'll grow on you. I would definitely buy another one of these if I lost it, as I don't plan on any upgrades any time soon. I love how it sounds, feels, and plays. There's very little complaints about it. I don't have much to compare it to, as I've never used a real guitar before, but I feel like this will last me a long time. Get this guitar if you're into hard rock, as it's definitely worth the money. // 10

Comments