RG450LTD review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG450LTD

Purchased from: swee lee

I use this guitar to play from metal to blues and it has a wide variety of sound. Using a Practice Frontman 15 watt amp with distortion. Gives a nice warm fuzzy sound. A nice rich tone for playing with a clean tone and of course floating bridge is perfect for whammy work!

I think this guitar is good and I most probably wont change for quite some time and especially if I paid $1250 bucks for this! This is a very nice electric by Ibanez and it's good for intermediate players like me who have been playing for about 1 and a half years. If it was stolen I would find the bugar that took this and kill him! I think the coolest feature would be the edge pro bridge and the bridge humbucker pickups. Used together this guitar can create nice solos ranging from warm and fuzzy blues tone to screaming metal!

It can last! This guitar could take the worst punishmentand still play in tune! I prefer this a hundred times over my old Squire Affinity Strat which does not have a nice durability and my old Squire was prone to scratches unlike this Ibanez RG450LTD. With a little guitar polish, makes the guitar scratch free.

I need not touch the action was it was suited to my liking. Pickups and pickup placement provide the hard-edge cutting tone need for metal and hard rock. Re-stringing may take a longer time due to its edge pro bridge as Ibanez calls it. Crafted and finished nicely hardly any flaws unless you do not take care of it.

I'm not so sure when was it made but I think it was made in Japan where most Ibanez guitars are made. 24-fret (large) thin, flat and fast Wizard II necks, makes it easy to play fast licks. Brasswood body Strat style with a nice glossy finish. Edge pro tremolo bridge like floyd rose but does not state. Nice tremolo bridge for whammy work and strings does not go out of tune easily due to its double locking tuning system. double humbuckers and a single coil pickups. Nice pickup setting for getting a nice rhythm or great for solos. 4-way selector Switch to mix from bridge humbuckers to single coil to neck humbuckers. Master tone and master volume. Strap pins are secure and my guitar never fell off the strap before. Came with gig back and strap. Accessories weren't very good though.