RG470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG470

Purchased from: Hauers Music Store

This guitar will suit any music style. When I bought it I was playing stuff like Cky, Death and Metallica, hard rock and metal stuff like that. After a while I got back into Eric Clapton, who had been my inspiration to play guitar, so I started playing light rock, and jazz, this guitar gets the job done. At the moment I am playing it through a DigiTech RP100 multi-effects pedal, and a little Peavey Rage 158 amp, not the best amp, but it works.

This guitar will cover anything from jazz, to death metal, it's a great guitar and is one of the best Ibanez's in my opinion. When I bought this gutiar, the electric was a Squier Bullet, so needless to say this was a huge upgrade. I love everything about this guitar and would put it up to any Gibson, or anybody's guitar period. If it was stolen or lost, I would be upset, because this guitar is discontinued, and I would have enough money to custominze a guitar like that. I would reccomend this guitar to anybody.

This guitar can withstand anything, its built tough. I know that when I playing in my room, or in front of people, I know it won't give up on me, it will last a long, long time, and I would use this guitar without a backup. The finish looks good, looks like it will last a long time, but the fretboard as some wear on it, but other than that, it's fine.

The action when I bought it was ok, I ended up having to go get the neck readjusted bacause my strings started to produce dead notes. The bridge pickup is very close to the strings so it has a very high output, but it killed the sustain on solos. The guitar did contain a small chip like flaw in it, but it didnt effect anything at all.

I'm not sure what year it was made in, but it was made in Korea. It has 24 jumbo frets with a wizard 2 neck, rosewood fretboard and maple neck. I got mine in a awsome jewel blue finish. It's kind of got a Strat body style, more pointer than a Strat. I was lucky enough to get this guitar used, it was customized also which was great. It didn't come with stock pickups which I was glad because I read that the stock pickups were bad. This great guitar came with a Dimarzio X2n Dp102 in the bridge, a Fender red Lace sensor in the middle, and I never did find out what the neck pickup was, all I know is it's a Dimarzio, all passive pickups. It has a master volume knob and one tone knob, with gives me some tone comtrol, but I would of rather it had 2 tone knobs, Its got a floyd rose lisensed trem, a low trs I belive. It also came with a nice gig bag. People want to know why I got this guitar so cheap with all new pickups, its because there is a little ding in the body that you can't even see from 3 inches away.