RG470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG470

Purchased from: eBay

This guitars rich sound fits my classic rock style and much more. In fact, I dont think I've ever played a more versatile guitar. You can do anything with it. The body is basswood, which provides a rich tone thats easy to play with. Add on the Floyd Rose tremolo bridge for some really insane dive-bombs and you just can't go wrong in the sound department.

Overall, this guitar is my perfect match. It's a real beauty. I've been playing for 4-5 years now and have loved every minute I've spent playing this thing. Some of my other gear includes an old Strat I played for while, a Crate amp I bought off a friend which I also love, and a few effect pedals. Above all this thing is my gem. If it were ever stolen I would find the scumbag that took it, duct tape him to chair and beat to death with his own arm! This a great guitar with only a few flaws. The finish is really all you have to look out for along with the complexity of the floyd rose LO-trs bridge. Over all, a great buy.

This guitar will never fail you sound wise. However, as most Ibanez guitars, it is a wee bit delicate. The finish is a little thin which has resulted a few chips for me, but I can't complain. Besides theyre not really noticible anyway. Even still I would trust this guitar with my life so it still deserves a 5. I would take this guitar to any gig with me as long as it doesnt involve smashing it!

The action on this guitar is wonderful, with only perhaps a small gripe. Ibanez's are very well made guitars, but because of the Floyd Rose bridge, they can be a pain for the un-experienced. You have to make sure that the bridge is zeroed on the knifepoint or you may get buzz (if its too low) or it may become difficult to play (if its too high) but if its zeroed, it'll be so easy to play youll almost cry. Beside that, everything is great. The Dimarzios are wonderful as is just about everything else.

I purchased my Ibanez RG470 on eBay as an upgrade from an old Strat I used to play. I have absolutely fallen in love with this guitar. Features include a 24 jumbo fret Wizard II neck, 3 Dimarzio pickups, a five way channel selector, one volume knob, one tone knob, and a floyd rose LO-trs locking tremolo bridge. All wrapped up in a metallic blue finish. Sweet!