RG470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG470

This is a great rock guitar. It comes with V7 S1 V8 pickups which are awesome. I put the EMG Zakk Wylde set in mine which made this guitar scream, through every amp I've ever played it through. It has a great clear sound especially after the EMGs were put in. This guitar can play any thing from metallica to the crazy Steve Vai stuff.

I play every kind of rock there is and this guitar stays right with me. I've been playing for about 5 years now. I own a Les Paul and a Strat along with this guitar, and I know it sounds weird but this is deffinatly my favorite. Probably one of the best guitars I've ever played. I love the thin neck on this guitar, you couldnt beat it. If this guitar was stolen I would have to steal someone elses 'cause I can't afford another one but I couldn't live with out this guitar.

This guitar can take alot of abuse. I've droped it, droped stuff on it, and it doesn't affect it at all. I can still pick it up and play it andit stays in tune after all the abuse. I gig with it and have never had a single problem with it, I would trust my life with it.

It had pretty good action when I got it from the store. After a while when I took it to the shop to have the EMGs put in and he fixed the action and now its set up perfectly. When I had the origanal pickups the neck pick up came loose and it fell inside the guitar cavity which kinda bumbed me out. And the dots on top of the neck, the 12th and 24th dots are crooked. It doesn't effect the playability at all but I expect better from Ibanez. Also after a few weeks I had a problem with my tone nob falling off, which isn't really a big deal that could happen to any guitar.

METMAN
    I have a 470 Japan model it has to be the best guitar i have ever played so far the only flaw i have with it is its pain it thin
    jackson guitars
    I have a Rg470, (with floyd rose locking system), that was made in Korea, just wondering, how does it compare to USA and Japanese models? What it is worth.