RG470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG470

I usually play all sorts of metal, sometimes classic rock, sometimes classical, jazz, or blues, it works for all of them like when I turn everything up this is my loudest guitar which is totally awesome. The sound you can get from this thing is insane you can actually get almost any sort of tone for whatever music you play. I also mainly use this on my Peavey Bandit 112 100 watt which gives all my guitars a sick sound.

This guitar will stay with me for a while even though I wish it was a 570 or a 550 it's a good start for someone whom is new to the Locking Tremolo system seeing as this is my first guitar with it. If it was stolen (which won't happen. I keep this thing in my sights all the time same with my other guitars). I would probably find and kill the guy whom did it since this model is discontinued and pretty hard to find well for me anyways, but it works well with my guitar setup Jackson King V KVX10 (with EMG's) and my Les Paul I'd have to say my King V and this are almost pretty even the V has the pickups and the Ibanez the trem and I wish it had the original Wizard neck but still it was a great find for me.

Well I haven't played Live yet but I know it's durable because I play for about 5 hours almost everyday. Everything on this guitar is completely solid, the only I would worry about is the trem goin out of tune when I use it since that's like the only thing I've been having trouble with, but so far it's been going pretty well with it and it hasn't lost it's tuning.

Well I did buy it used so I don't know how the factory setting is like and as soon as I brought it home a string broke and I had to setup the guitar completely (plus the fact that this is my first locking trem it was fun). So basically I had to re-adjust everything from the pickups to the bridge. Everything is mainly properly in place just had to fix a few things up like the springs and all other than that the guitar was perfect I have the action to my liking and everything.

This Ibanez was made in 2000, it has 24 frets the neck is a bit thinner than my Jackson's and also it's really flat still not completely used to it. It has a Rosewood fretboard which is okay the neck is maple, the body I'm not totally sure it might be Basswood. It has an old finish called Titanium Ice that actually looks purple. The bridge is the Lo-TRS Tremolo licensed by Floyd Rose(had to change the springs ugh). The pickups are stock V8/S1/V7 H/S/H setup, there is one volume knob and one tone knob, 5-way selector Switch I am not too sure about the tuners but they seem to do what they need to do and do a good job of it.