RG4EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG4EX1

I play mainly hardrock and progressive stuff, such as CKY. I also play a little bit of metal, just a few Children Of Bodom songs, and I also play blues. I honestly think this guitar suits them all. I running this guitar through a B-52 AT212 all tube amp. I was using a DigiTech GNX4, but after I got my new amp, I really liked the amps natural distortion. it's a tad noisy on the single coil, but that's to be expected. The 5-way toggle switch, which is another thing I can't live without, really lets you get any sound you want out of this guitar.

I basically bought this guitar after only playing it to tryout my new amp. I was at guitar center, and I went to go pick my amp up, and he gave me this guitar to try it out on. I knew then that I'd be back the next week to get the guitar. Bottom line is that this guitar is worth every single penny. I've been playing for about 4 years. I didn't really need this guitar, but I had some extra money laying around, so I decided to get it. Like stated above, I own an Ibanez RG470, and I also own a Fender Deluxe American Strat. I amp really happy with this guitar, it might slowly push my RG470 out of the way and become my main guitar, maybe. I never really compared it to any other products. I just like the way it looked and played so I bought it, no questions asked. It were lost or stolen, I would definitely buy it again, without a doubt.

I've played this guitar a couple times live and it held up really well. I did buy some strap locks with it, so my strap wouldn't fall off. I would use this guitar without a backup, but you never know what can happen, so I always bring my Ibanez RG470 with me as well. I was a bit worried, since this isnt exactly the most expensive guitar that using the whammy bar a lot would knock the guitar out of tune. I was wrong, I haven't had to tune it since I got it.

This is the first guitar I've owned that I haven't had to adjust the action, it was perfect. I did have to raise the humbucker when I got home to produce more output, but that's just preference. The way they came stock works well too. I checked over the guitar and could not find anything wrong with it. it's perfect. The finish looks pretty thick, so I don't think it will be coming off any time soon.

This guitar is awesome. I'm not quite sure what year it was made in, but it's mostly likely a late 2005, or early 2006. It has a bolt on maple neck with 24 jumbo frets, and sharktooth inlays. It's got a Wizard II neck profile. It has the usual RG shape. It has this awesome quilted maple top. I got mine in blue, but it also comes in a charcoal greyish color. After purchasing my first Ibanez a few years ago, I couldnt buy another guitar without a whammy bar. The bridge on this guitar is much better than my other guitar, which is an Ibanez RG470. This guitar has an Edge III bridge, while my other Ibanez has a Lo Pro. It's got a string thru body construction, which I like. It's got a 5-way toggle switch, and 2 Ibanez Inf 4 humbuckers (neck and bridge) and one Inf 3 (middle single coil), and the standard master volume and master tone knobs. It came with a few allen wrenches for the string lockers.