RG4EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG4EX1

This guitar is perfect for death metal. It sounds great playing any other style though, and don't let it's look fool you. You can use this guitar for other styles, but the looks may frighten some people away. I use a Traynor Reverb Master 200W tube head with a Marshall 1960A slanted cab. I use a Boss Metal Zone and a Boss Noise Suppressor. The pinch harmonics on this guitar sound really good and are easy to pull off. Chords and leads sound awesome, this guitar would be good for the lead and rhythm player.

This is an overall excellent choice for any type of metal and great for all tunings. I will always use Ibanez guitars because I know I can get the sound that I want out of them and are an overall great product. I wouldn't change a thing about this guitar.

This is one solid guitar that I highly recommend for gigs, practice, and just playing for fun. I love playing with this guitar Live and it's my main instrument for everything. I could depend on it without a backup, but I always make sure that I have a backup because you never know what will happen. There is only one problem that I had with the guitar. I purchased it in January and the input wiring fried up recently. But it was covered by the manufacture's warranty and I got everything shipped and fixed for free. That still doesn't deter how much I love this guitar.

The action was nice and low. I always change strings after getting a new guitar. I tune my guitar to CGCFAD (drop C) and I had to make some minor adjustments so fret buzz wouldn't accur. No flaws were present at the time I purchased the guitar. The pickups were adjusted to the right height so no problems there.

This guitar was made in 2006 in Indonesia. The finish is a transparent gray burst quilted maple top, has a 24 jumbo fret 3 piece maple Wizard II neck with shark tooth inlays, The body is an RG style made out of basswood, a locking Edge III tremolo (with locking tuners of course), volume knob, tone knob, and a 5-way selector for pickups. The pickup configuration is INF3 (bridge), INF3S (middle), and a INF4 (neck). As soon as this guitar hit my hands I knew it was the one I wanted.

EveryLegend
    I own this guitar, and i have to say i am very very pleased with it and if you want a nice heavy deep tone roll the tone knob all the way down use the neck pick-up and just thrash away at it, roll the tone up and use the bridge you'll get some screamin licks and badass feed back solos. Though factory settings has it at the 14th and above frets theres a tad bit of buzzing but eh its no biggy at all, its a badass guitar for any sound you want to play. :] THIS GUITAR IS FREAKIN WICKED!!!!!
    BlackPhoenix07
    I love this guitar. I have had it for over a week and I can't put it down. Too bad I can't play it to it's full potential yet lol.
    Baasoromyuu
    Yeah where's the reviews for the RG5EX1? Well, I suppose it has to be as good or better than this guitar. :O