RG4EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG4EX1

First of all, this guitar has so much variety it's not even funny. You can get an amazing clean sound as well as a crunchy sound. It is the most sensative guitar ever, it makes me mad, you have to keep your palm on the strings at all times to keep it from feeding back or the pickups taking in the vibrations. But the sound you get is worth it. I play all '80s stuff and this guitar is great. I'm using a 100 watt Crate amp, it's a tube so it sounds nice. I got it slightly used for 300. at guitar center. The sound on this guitar is so nice that I really don't even use my other guitar anymore.

I play all '80s stuff, as I said before, this guitar matches my style pretty well. I've been playing about a year now. I wouldn't have asked anything before buying it. I would buy it again if it was stolen, but I'd look around a little bit because it's fun to just see what else they got. I compared it to the Dean Micheal Shenkar Flying V and the RG sounded better. It wish the dumb whammy bar would stop falling out when I bend over, it's the most annoying thing in the world. I wish it locked like the Floyde's. Other than all that, I would definitly reccomend this guitar. I like it a lot and so do all my friends. Plus it's one of the Sexiest guitars I've seen.

Well, I haven't played Live but I think it could take it. I haven't had any trouble with the strap buttons, I've had this about 6 months and my strap hasent popped once. There is a thick layer of finish, I'm thinking like 3 mm's or something. I'm just guessing. But I recently noticed a little kind of a crack like thing near the cord connecter. Not a big deal though.

The action is pretty low, good for tapping. I got it from guitar center and the guy was awesome and set everything up for me. It was great, when I drop the tremolo the strings seem like their gonna fall off. The pickup selecter makes a tinging sound when you Switch and the volume controal gets louse kind of often, but it's an easily fixable problem. All you to is remove the knob by just twisting and pulling at the saim time. And all you need is a pair of plyers and just tighten the bolt, if you don't get what I meen by bolt don't worry, you will know what you need to tighten. I figured this all out by myself. But overall everything was pretty nicely assembled.

First, I want to say that this guitar impressed me. The model number wasn't in the list so I'll tell you now, it's an Ibanez RX4EXQM1. It is the grey quilted maple top. Recently made guitar. It was made in Indonesia (Still sounds amazing) This baby's got 24 frets with shark tooth inlay. It's got a basswood body with rosewood fingerboard. We got a Ibanez Edge III tremolo. It is wicked. There are two INF4's with an INF3 in the middle. For those of you who don't know the 4's are humbuckers, not plated and the 3's are singles. There are locking tuners which work out pretty nice. Stays in tune no matter how much you dive the tremolo.

Ramboy20
    I have the RG5 EX1, which is basically the same thing. Every review that I see about Ibanez guitars with edge 3 tremolos, the people always complain about how their wammy keeps falling out. All you have to do, is push down the wammy while it is in, and look at the back of the bridge where the wammy is. You will see a small hole behind the wammy, where a small allen wrench will be able to tighten the wammy, so none of you complain about your wammys anymore.
    FryingNemo
    I'm getting really paranoid about this "wide neck" thing. Wizard necks are really thin from what I've heard, but are they also wide? Can someone give me a measurement for how wide this neck is?
    cow7
    this is a good lead metal guitar, but it sucks for any other stuff. the pick-ups suck. i own one, but i don't play metal, anyone want it? $350