RG4EXFM1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG4EXFM1

My style of music is any form of metal and rock, with some instrumental. It fits perfectly with my style because not only does it look B.A. but its easy to slide up and down the neck for the many slides I do. I use a Line 6 Spider III, and a Peavey Windsor and they sound amazing with it. The sound is so clear and crisp that you can hear every little detail with my music. Great variety of sounds because of the 24 frets and the tremolo bar.

Overall impression is that it's perfect for me, atleast so far. I've been playing for about 7 1/2 years now and I haven't found a better guitar. I would more than likely buy it again if it were stolen because I don't think I'd lose it. I love the extra frets because then it feels more like a bass because the neck is longer. I don't really like the tremolo bar but that's just me, but if I had to chose any guitar with a tremolo bar I'd choose this one.

This guitar is great for Live playing. Doesn't scratch very easily and the scratches that are on it are because of me being stupid. Strap buttons are very solid but if you buy straplocks for it make sure the screws fit because I bought ones that the screws were too small. You can definitely depend on this guitar greatly, in fact, I use it as my main guitar. The finish doesn't wear, atleast it hasnt for me and Ive had it for about a year and a half.

Great condition, no scratches, set up perfect. Pickups are adjusted properly. Every thing with this guitar as far as the way it was built is great. No flaws that I can see or hear. The locking nut is great especially for how long it takes for tuning. The inlays on the fretboard match the guitar perfectly.

Made in Indonesia, 2008 24 Jumbo frets 5-way Switch with one volume, one tone H/S/H configuration Stock INF series passive pickups Basswood body,3 piece maple neck, and rosewood fretboard Transparent blue quilted maple top with matching headstock Full body, neck, and headstock binding Strat style body Chrome hardware Edge III double locking bridge Gotoh design tuners Dark Rosewood fret board, from a distance kind of looks ebony. Overall great features, the only problem I've had so far is with the tramolo bar and that's only because I don't really care for them.

justine3563
    no its just the same man..it just that the finish are different.but all over its the same
    justine3563
    sorry that failed.i misread.thought its 4ex1..i think the brdge is the only difference.
    Gene Hybrid
    I haven't actually bought this guitar yet. I played this thing at Guitar Center. It was heavily used, the knob on the control switch had fallen off, it was in dire need of new strings, it was so used the price had fallen from $450 to $130. That being said, I instantly fell in love with this guitar. I've only owned one guitar, a Jackson Dinky. Piece of crap, really. But this Ibanez blew me away. It played beautifully, the tone, the thickness of the neck, it was so perfect! I would definetly get this guitar, and then get a second one as it's backup.
    breakdownkid784
    I have had this guitar for just over a year. Its good, but not great. Its great clean, but with distortion, the pickups are weak. And the bridge is NOT a Floyd Rose. Its Ibanezs' knock off version of a Floyd Rose, the Edge 3. Its not that great, its actually a pain in the ass to use. if you get one, you better stay in one tuning or your in a world of hurt. i like the guitar but its not like the best thing ever, it gets the job done