RG520QS review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG520QS

Purchased from: Long $ McQuade

I play mainly melodic-death metal, metalcore and thrash metal. I play through a Boss ME-50 and a Fender Princeton 65 DSP. This guitar gives me exactly what I need to play, with it on the bridge pickup it just shreds out the leads, the rhythms are average but there not that much concern to me. I also rarley play some lighter stuff like Johny Cash and even some classical like Vivaldi, and with it on the neck pickup it's possible and quite pleasent, this guitar can get a large range of sounds.

I play through a Boss ME-50 and a Fender Princeton 65 DSP. I primarily play metal and I couldnt have asked for anything more. If it were lost or stolen I would definately get either this or another Ibanez because these are hard to find but I can't even imagine playing something else after I felt that neck all other guitars feels like logs.

this guitar has been through somewhere around 10 gigs and couple band practices a week, I have never had a problem with it, it stays in tune thank sto the dual locking trem, the electronics have never crapped out, and the strap buttons are much larger then any I've seen besides strap locks. I would never gig without a backup though because of the floating trem changing strings would be a bitch and would really cut into a set, but I would depend on this guitar.

I bought this guitar used and it was set up terribly, the pickups were too low, the action was to high, the Floyd Rose was sunken into the body and it didn't have one of thoose platic things on the 3-way switch, but all thoose problems took just a day or two to fix. The paint job is ok it stands to normal wear and tear but it has gotten scratched when I was changing the strings by the allen key.

Basic RG shape, 24 jumbo frets, mahogany, transparent blue with a green under coat, Floyd Rose licenced dual locking tremolo, 1 volume and 1 tone control, passive humbuckers, V7 in neck and V8 in bridge, 3-way selector switch and a wizard neck. I'm not sure where it was made, I think Ibanez's are made in japan but I'm not sure and I'm not sur ewhat the fretboard is.

which ones pink
    I think your fretboard is rosewood, looking at the picture. I also think that the trem is a Lo-pro. And yes it is made in Japan.
    mongo_man
    Well... the look is awsome =) Let's just hope that it is as awsome to play with as it looks!
    BIGD2
    The_Mike_Man
    I own this guitar, Sounds pretty good, the neck is super thin but it buzzes and it could have better sustain.
    Paroxysm
    If only Ibanez make an affordable version of that guitar today... Hope I could get one of those of someday, or the RG3120
    emr_steelmech
    BIGD2 wrote: either this or another Ibanez because these are hard to find but I can't even imagine playing something else after I felt that neck all other guitars feels like logs. I heard that.....I've had an Ibanez for a little over a week and I'm spoiled now....
    Seconded! Ibanez ftw! There are a lot of great guitar makers out there, for sure, but none make as versatile a guitar as Ibanez.
    Pi-zo 7
    I have had this guitar for 8-9 years, I bought it brand new and it just gets better with age.especially that wizard neck. i did put in a screamin demon though.its made in japan and has a nice rosewood fretbaord