RG520QS review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG520QS

Purchased from: local music store

The pick ups are a medium set humbuckers with a coil tap. The neck is great for solos and the bridge gets great pinch harmonics. All around the stock pickups are great for this guitar but if you want a little more you would switch them out. But I love it this guitar is great the way it is.

Greatness At It's Best. It's amazing for the priceit stands up to my friends pussy Schecter pretty well.or ecven blows it away. I play threw a few pedals and a mesa cab with a Line 6 head on top. it sounds beastly I have Jackson soloist that I don't love this much I'm even considering selling the soloist. This guitar just will blow your mind once yopu play it it's awesome many differnt things you can do to it and it can do for you.

Great durability I gig with it all the time. It's my hands down fav guitar. I don't know what else to sday but if y0ou get a chance to buy one do so immediatly. It's a great guitar and you wont have any doubts about it ever I played it once and then bought it usally I try it out for a a few time then compare but I loved is so much I just had to have it. I work at guitar center and this thing blows the Schecter hell raiser out to sea.

The action on this is great I made come hard maple blocks to stop the edge tremolo and to give a lot more sustain it worked. The guitars action is amazing it gets preally now and I use a higher guage string (11-49) not to much bigger but it makes a differance when I put the blocks in there was a great increase in string tension so that's awesome because I love a lot of string tension. the finish is a little dark for my taste but in the light of a stage it lokoks black and outside on a sunny day oit looks amazing.

It was made 2001 mahogany body with a quilted sapele top. Very nice looking and sounds even better 24 exjumbo frets on a rose wood fret board edge tremolo it was made in 2001 in japan before Ibanez made the prestige line so this is actually now adays considered a prestige model.