RG520QS review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG520QS

Purchased from: local music store

This guitar sounds amazing. some say the pickups are weak there mids so there real nice sound reall hot though. I love the coil tap it's awesome. you get preat pinch harmonics from this and it's very easy and comfortable to play for long periods. I play metal and the bridge is great for that metal-y hardcore sound the neck humbucker is thick and is amazing for solos. I some times play taped for slow songs and it's great with that too. it's very quite in a good way there isnt any feedback at all.

This guitar is amazing I play metal blues and some others but this thing can handle it all it's just that good if you ever have a chance to buy one do so hands down I know what I'm talking about I work at a guitar center and I've tried almost every guitar in there and it keeps up with guitars over $1000 easy.

Great it's very solid feeling. but it's not impenitreble when I got it it had some "thrashing scars" just minor ones though. it's very thick coated and will last forever I would deffintly bring it on a gig seeing as I do I don't even bring a back up (should but don't) I trust this thing with my life as I treat it like a infant child.

When I got this guitar it was set to A Standard which is too low for me I bought new strings and I custom made solid hard maple blocks to stop the edge tremolo.(don't judge me, I don't like floyd that much)so it will get more sustain great increase. the action was great when I got it the frets are all even on the fret board so that's amazing japan work for you. all I did was lower it a tiny bit I can't even fit a dime between the high e and I can't fit a nickel between the low e it's got great tension on the strings and sounds amazing too I also raised the neck humbucker just a little. the hardware all matches the cosmo colors of Ibanez.

2001. made in japan, 24 extra jumbo frets, mahogany body with a quilted sapele top(dark blue one)wizard neck with some "b" wood. Edge tremolo 5 way coil taped double humbuckers just the simple vol, tone but it's great for it's price and then some. all made in japan but the wood is all imported from africa (I do to much research when I'm buying something) it's great it looks amazing and sounds even better in the light you really get to see the blue quilt and is sexy as a devil.