RG550 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG550

It has Vintage style pickups of a high standard for stock pickups I play Rock Punk 80s metal Shred and it does all fine just dont expect perfect sounds. Nice and bright sometimes a bit noisy in distorion. I use it with a Laney tf200 a morley power wah and a Marshall jackhammer. I would rate 4.5 but you cant do half marks!!!!!!

I have been playing 9 months and in my opinion beats Maverick dtox,s and F,s and jacksons cos I tried 5 jacksons 5 Ibanez and 3 maveicks before I spent my money!!! I would deffinately buy this guitar again but Id love to own a jem someday but that is alot more dosh. I love it all mostly just a few minor things I mentioned earlier my favourite feature is that lovely floyd 10/10 for that. I wish it had a scalloped neck (personally) but thats not every1s taste and Id love a reversed head but Im not complaining its still a great guitar.

This guitar could easily stand a battering the hardwear is of a very high standard. The finish seems quite thick so it shouldnt wear too quuickly the strap buttons are large even with my old torn strap it hasnt fallen. The only thing is the floyd if you break a string live its not as easy as other types to change.

I don't know from the factory because mine's second hand. There is alot of variety in the action. I have mine very low!:) The selector is 5 way and moves very smoothly unlike my epiSG400!! The finish is quite nice nothing specail it would have been nice to seen some quilted maple or flamed maple tops though!!! The tuners are very high quality no play at all in them.

I'm in love with this guitar its pretty much perfect so here it goes it has a 25.5 scale super huge frets!!! Male neck nice wizard style really thin and quick really nice. It has an edge trem the only problems I have with it is if you pull the bar to far it buzzes on the nuts holding it in position and if u bend 1 string it bends em all but this isnt to hard to fix. H/s/H made of basswood 5way Switch made in japan 24 frets thats about as much as I can say about it really nice.